How to Make to Text Bold or Italic in Reviews

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
Ivcat65
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: How to Make to Text Bold or Italic in Reviews

Post by Ivcat65 »

I cannot make my text go bold or italic. I cannot submit my review which is due today.

Regular Regular

Regular Regular

Regular bold Regular

Regular italic Regular

Rachel Valdez
John Makathimo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-makathimo.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by John Makathimo »

Adrift – By Charlie Sheldon

Review – By John Makathimo

Charlie Sheldon’s “Adrift” is a suspense thriller about, courage, faith, and survival all in one. A distress SOS from a ship off the Alaskan Coast is the trigger for a daring salvage operation by a group of quickly assembled mariners.

A vintage salvage tug boat sets out in a desperate race to beat the competition to a burning and drifting container ship in treacherous North Pacific seas. They battle huge waves in sub-zero temperatures, and near zero visibility for the rescue price.

The crew from the burning ship abandon it in lifeboats, and they get tossed and upturned in the choppy waves relentlessly. With no communication with the outside world, their skills are tested to the limits of endurance. Some of them narrowly escape death, only to get stranded between the treacherous Pacific shorelines and a remote arctic tundra in the middle of winter.

The salvage tug crew are not without drama of their own, and some pay the ultimate price with singular devotion. They display a sense of duty, and comradeship in the face of adversity. Their accomplished mission offers little mood for celebration, but a reprieve from an unexpected source is the reason for renewed optimism.

The author’s description of the extreme sea conditions under which the crews are managing, both in the burning ship and the tug boat is gripping. The reader is let in on their professionalism, private sensibilities, personalities, individual and collective performance.

A crew member from one of the lifeboats is injured and stranded in deep snow. The author literary takes you on a winter safari to experience the suspense of rescuers, their faith and courage. A sweat lodge scene is an awesome moment to experience front row synchrony of kindred spirits.

The rescuers' trek is as hazardous as it is seemingly hopeless. Guardian eagles maintain a keen watch from up yonder, over a stranded native of the land. It is like the land had given a frozen-welcome embrace to a prodigal son. Nowhere is nature so well depicted in pristine conditions, a great reference point for nature preservation.

The book is relevant for authorities and groups involved in environmental conservation, and also to those seeking pure adventure. The author helps strike a balance for profitable economic activities and preserving the primary source of all our natural resources.

The author has woven a complex conspiracy that interweaves the burning ship, the salvage tug and ancestral lands in the Alaskan wilderness ecosystem.

I like the book because the author engages the reader with powerful imagery and enthralling literary style. I was also able to pick a bit of ship-lingua like “Forward, Astern, Port, and Starboard”. This is a great read, and I happily give it a well-deserved 4 out of 4 Scores.
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

John Makathimo wrote: 15 Apr 2019, 06:02 Adrift – By Charlie Sheldon

Review – By John Makathimo

Charlie Sheldon’s “Adrift” is a suspense thriller about, courage, faith, and survival all in one. A distress SOS from a ship off the Alaskan Coast is the trigger for a daring salvage operation by a group of quickly assembled mariners.

A vintage salvage tug boat sets out in a desperate race to beat the competition to a burning and drifting container ship in treacherous North Pacific seas. They battle huge waves in sub-zero temperatures, and near zero visibility for the rescue price.

The crew from the burning ship abandon it in lifeboats, and they get tossed and upturned in the choppy waves relentlessly. With no communication with the outside world, their skills are tested to the limits of endurance. Some of them narrowly escape death, only to get stranded between the treacherous Pacific shorelines and a remote arctic tundra in the middle of winter.

The salvage tug crew are not without drama of their own, and some pay the ultimate price with singular devotion. They display a sense of duty, and comradeship in the face of adversity. Their accomplished mission offers little mood for celebration, but a reprieve from an unexpected source is the reason for renewed optimism.

The author’s description of the extreme sea conditions under which the crews are managing, both in the burning ship and the tug boat is gripping. The reader is let in on their professionalism, private sensibilities, personalities, individual and collective performance.

A crew member from one of the lifeboats is injured and stranded in deep snow. The author literary takes you on a winter safari to experience the suspense of rescuers, their faith and courage. A sweat lodge scene is an awesome moment to experience front row synchrony of kindred spirits.

The rescuers' trek is as hazardous as it is seemingly hopeless. Guardian eagles maintain a keen watch from up yonder, over a stranded native of the land. It is like the land had given a frozen-welcome embrace to a prodigal son. Nowhere is nature so well depicted in pristine conditions, a great reference point for nature preservation.

The book is relevant for authorities and groups involved in environmental conservation, and also to those seeking pure adventure. The author helps strike a balance for profitable economic activities and preserving the primary source of all our natural resources.

The author has woven a complex conspiracy that interweaves the burning ship, the salvage tug and ancestral lands in the Alaskan wilderness ecosystem.

I like the book because the author engages the reader with powerful imagery and enthralling literary style. I was also able to pick a bit of ship-lingua like “Forward, Astern, Port, and Starboard”. This is a great read, and I happily give it a well-deserved 4 out of 4 Scores.
This is not the place to submit your review! You need to do that via your Private Review Team Page's Update Tab.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
StephanieT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by StephanieT »

test test test
Ivor1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivor1.html
Latest Review: No Dark Clouds by R W Nelson

Post by Ivor1 »

I can,t find a way to do as you have asked
amjohnson13mommy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amjohnson13mommy.html
Latest Review: The Right to Nominate by Thomas E Peterson

Post by amjohnson13mommy »

regular text bold text regular text
regular text bold text regular text

What am I doing wrong? Cannot get this on the tablet or laptop!
Can someone please help me?
Purple721321
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purple721321.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Purple721321 »

I tried three different devices, and the italic isn't coming up. Regular text italic text[/1] regular text. It doesn't seem to be working
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Purple721321 wrote: 17 Apr 2019, 13:19 I tried three different devices, and the italic isn't coming up. Regular text italic text[/1] regular text. It doesn't seem to be working

You wrote 1 instead of i, that's why.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
amjohnson13mommy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amjohnson13mommy.html
Latest Review: The Right to Nominate by Thomas E Peterson

Post by amjohnson13mommy »

Why does it not show when I write it I see bold in my post?
Purple721321
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purple721321.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Purple721321 »

I have used text it’s not working. I accidentally bumped the 1 when I was showing you what I was found It won’t go to italics. It just shows the word regularly, with the code. It won’t put it in italics
Boobearmamma14
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boobearmamma14.html
Latest Review: Exiles' Escape by W. Clark Boutwell

Post by Boobearmamma14 »

test (b)test. (/b) (i)test. (/i)
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

Purple721321 wrote: 18 Apr 2019, 15:56 I have used text it’s not working. I accidentally bumped the 1 when I was showing you what I was found It won’t go to italics. It just shows the word regularly, with the code. It won’t put it in italics
You italicized "text" so you seem to have figured it out.

This thread is specifically for practicing it. You can post until you get the hang of it. :tiphat:
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
Bukari
Currently Reading: Everything Solid Has a Shadow
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukari.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Bukari »

I have followed the right procedures, but the desired formatting styles would not apply. what might be the problem, the webmaster?
"Ever Tried. Ever Failed. No Matter. Try Again. Fail Again. Fail Better." - Samuel Beckett.
Bukari

Post by Bukari »

The webmaster, I used these [i/] and [b/]. But from your explanation, I can now try only these and . Despite this issue, I already submitted the unedited review by mistake. So updating the number of the errors and rating would definitely be disastrous for me.
"Ever Tried. Ever Failed. No Matter. Try Again. Fail Again. Fail Better." - Samuel Beckett.
Bukari

Post by Bukari »

Please, the immediate message that I sent to you was also automatically tampered.

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”