Possibly getting an App [resolved]

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

MrsGreenApple
Currently Reading: The Infinite Atonement
Bookshelf Size: 208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrsgreenapple.html
Latest Review: The Second Cup by Sarah Marie Graye

Re: Possibly getting an App

Post by MrsGreenApple »

I love this idea! Getting an app would help so much because I’ve always felt like they’re easier to use and navigate. I didn’t know that they had attempted to do this previously. I hope some day it can work out and the idea hasn’t been tossed away.
Fasmin
Favorite Book: We are voulhire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fasmin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Post by Fasmin »

MrsCatInTheHat wrote: 13 Sep 2020, 17:44
male_azarke wrote: 13 Sep 2020, 14:40 I agree it's a pity that the Kickstarter has failed. An app would make things so much easier! I hope they try to design it again one day.
I don't think there has been a Kickstarter for this.

There has been. Scott said so and provided a link. So, if it's failed IS the app still being developed.
“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”
– John Green
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

Omg,! An app would be awesome. But if you visit the site enough, it will come up first thing on your phone or iPad as the place you frequently go to.
angelmuktar
Currently Reading: The Binding Stone
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by angelmuktar »

I completely agree with this comment! When I first signed up, I instantly went to look up this site in the Apple store. I was extremely disappointed when I found out that they did not have an app. There are so many reasons for this site to have an app, but one of the main reasons for me, personally, would that it would be so much easier to download my books on my phone or tablet and just carry them around with me whenever I am on the go.
Do not get me wrong, I love having it on my laptop. But for someone who does not own a Kindle, my phone is the closest thing I have to a portable book:)
Liveforchrist51
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liveforchrist51.html
Latest Review: The Hundredth Time Around by Stacy Lee

Post by Liveforchrist51 »

An App would be absolutely awesome! I get this site several times a day to do forums or check my score. It would be great to just have to click on an app.
Jessica Harrison 1
Currently Reading: Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-harrison-1.html
Latest Review: My Only Sunshine by Lou Dischler

Post by Jessica Harrison 1 »

Mbarnes wrote: 14 Jul 2016, 17:43 So far I have really enjoyed being a part of this site and getting to see all of the ins and outs of it. My only thing is that I dont like having to continuosly go to the internet to get to the website. I think it would be extremly cool to have an app that can be downloaded accross the board on different devices. I know that the most popular in my opinion are android, Iphones, and kindles. I personally own a kindle and I believe that having an app would make it more appealing to get into the sight and get things done.
Yes! I just joined online book club and I've been thinking I would *love* an app so I don't have to keep going to my laptop. I've tried using the website on my phone through my internet browser but it just doesn't work very well.
Harshinittu
Currently Reading: America Dies - When Based Upon Lies
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Harshinittu »

Browsing website through links is fine, but I feel app would have been more easier way to get access to everything. It might be in more systematic manner and easy to find things maybe.
Amanda Dobson
Currently Reading: The King's Trial
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-dobson.html
Latest Review: The Quest For The Phoenix Crown by Xander T. Petersen
Reading Device: Apple

Post by Amanda Dobson »

If there was an app it would be so much easier to work with then I am not trying to reload the webpage all the time. An app would allow me to have it front an center on my phone wherever I go.
Le-Jean v
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-le-jean-v.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon
Reading Device: B07NR41ZZL

Post by Le-Jean v »

Hi guys. I see you've been discussing the possibility of an app in 2016. I just want to know if there is any development in that area.
Katie Blackmore
Favorite Book: The Glass Castle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katie-blackmore.html
Latest Review: The Light of Canopus by Frasar

Post by Katie Blackmore »

An app would be amazing. The only problem is that it is very expensive to develop, especially one that will be as complex as this website.
Khardeerjar alharssarn
Currently Reading: Chameleons
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khadijat-alhassan.html
Latest Review: Duplicity by Fin C Gray

Post by Khardeerjar alharssarn »

When I first join onlinebookclub I had a hard time getting familiar with the site because it doesn't has an app. I am very happy to know that the app is coming soon so that the future new members won't go through what I had experienced.
Alexandrian O
Currently Reading: Divergent
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandrian-o.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Post by Alexandrian O »

Thank you Scott. Getting an app would make things so much easier for me
Sarah Sonbol
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

It seems that the app issue, is a little bit complicated. It has been discussed since 2016. It wouldn't be an easy taskvto create an app for this website, but when this app comes to light, I think everyone will be thrilled about it.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Laura P 2
Currently Reading: Anna Karenina
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-p-2.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Laura P 2 »

Agree! I was surprised when I did not find an app for Online Book Club. It would be so much easier to use on phone.
Charlize Venter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlize-venter.html
Latest Review: Mysteries Of the First Instant by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Charlize Venter »

It would definitely be beneficial to the reviewers to have an easy-access app.
The process of constructing it might just have some challenges associated with it, let's hope these challenges do not negate the possibility!

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”