Email Verification Help

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
CharlesC+Esq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlesc-esq.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Re: Email Verification Help

Post by CharlesC+Esq »

Why is this the only site's email address that fails to come through without explanation? Yet one can still send emails to previous correspondence from same site.
Caroline Gavelfalt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caroline-gavelfalt.html
Latest Review: My life uncensored by Cristina Caymares

Post by Caroline Gavelfalt »

I have tried all of the above, but can't get a hold of Microsoft not sure why.

I have created a yahoo email to be able to get notifications again but can't find how to change it, so I sent the request to the review team email is that right?
opersaud
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by opersaud »

my email isn't working please help. your instructions did not help
jermain Foxton

Post by jermain Foxton »

Services active done now.
allybuug

Post by allybuug »

I have tried all of the above steps and cannot get the email to go through. Is there a way to change/update the email address listed?
Emy Katherine
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 430
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emy-katherine.html
Latest Review: 9 Days of Piper Snow by Daniella Blechner
Reading Device: B07953N411

Post by Emy Katherine »

Jsovermyer wrote: 23 Jul 2022, 21:29 Is anyone reading these messages? There is a problem with your email verification and I am locked out. I would appreciate some help with this matter.
I changed my email from [email protected] to use [email protected] instead. I have hit the resend button multiple times. I haven't received an email on either address. It worked fine everyday before July 22. MSN who controlls Hotmail.com says they don't see your email on their end. It is not being blocked for any reason. It is not coming into their server.
Thank you,
Jackie Overmyer
Jsovermyer

Hey, @Jsovermyer, sorry to bother you, but I am still having trouble receiving the verification email. :eusa-think: After changing your email address, have you been able to verify your email?
Julia DeLaney
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Anastasia Wilde
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julia-delaney.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 83569

Post by Julia DeLaney »

Jsovermyer wrote: 23 Jul 2022, 21:29 Is anyone reading these messages? There is a problem with your email verification and I am locked out. I would appreciate some help with this matter.
I changed my email from "email removed" to us instead. I have hit the resend button multiple times. I haven't received an email on either address. It worked fine everyday before July 22. MSN who controlls Hotmail says they don't see your email on their end. It is not being blocked for any reason. It is not coming into their server.
Thank you,
Jackie Overmyer
Jsovermyer
I spoke with msn/Microsoft as well and went through loops to make sure it wasn't on my end. They said that emails from here have been marked as safe and favorited and on the back end they see nothing coming through from online book club since July 20th for me. Tried contacting moderators twice with no response. Honestly not sure what else to do at this rate. Have you heard anything or gotten any updates?
Jsovermyer
Favorite Book: Appaloosa Sky
Currently Reading: The Pocket Guide to Minimalism
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jsovermyer.html
Latest Review: Solomon’s Porch by Janet Morris Grimes

Post by Jsovermyer »

No, this is still not resolved. I am locked out and thinking of quitting the group.
jennydelacruz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennydelacruz.html
Latest Review: Relieved by Cheryl Richardson

Post by jennydelacruz »

Hi Scott,

I hope you are doing well.

I have tried all the steps above but still not receiving the emails. I've contacted Hotmail and here's their response
I understand you're no longer receiving emails from a specific sender. Aside from adding the email address to the safe sender's list, there are still other troubleshooting steps you can do to help you identify what is causing the issue. You can refer to the "I didn't receive an email someone sent to my Outlook.com account" section on the support page below. Also, have you tried asking the sender if they are getting an error when sending you an email?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/fix-...
They have given me similar steps, to check the spam/junk folder, steps to add to safe senders list, delete any rules if anything were set. I have tried all steps but to no avail.

Please assist.

Thank you.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

Is anyone else still having trouble with this? My email address is correct, nothing has changed. There is nothing in my junk from OBC, but I am still not receiving the confirmation email and it still shows the emails have bounced.
I have a Microsoft email account and have asked them to check the issue as well. They see no possible issues.

I don’t particularly want to create a new email, as I have used this one for several years for everything book related. This is also the email associated with my PayPal account. I don’t understand why the emails are suddenly bouncing and nothing I have tried has corrected the issue.
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
Vanessa Benoit

Post by Vanessa Benoit »

Hi, I have a Microsoft email like many others here and haven’t been able to find an email from this website - I have a separate email that I can use and would like to inquire how to change my email on here to that one instead? It seems like other people with Microsoft emails are having trouble too, so the only option I can really see now is to just use my yahoo account.
Julia DeLaney
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Anastasia Wilde
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julia-delaney.html
fav_author_id: 83569

Post by Julia DeLaney »

klbradley wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 08:19 Is anyone else still having trouble with this? My email address is correct, nothing has changed. There is nothing in my junk from OBC, but I am still not receiving the confirmation email and it still shows the emails have bounced.
I have a Microsoft email account and have asked them to check the issue as well. They see no possible issues.

I don’t particularly want to create a new email, as I have used this one for several years for everything book related. This is also the email associated with my PayPal account. I don’t understand why the emails are suddenly bouncing and nothing I have tried has corrected the issue.
Dont think its been resolved yet, least I haven't but from all of the posts and comments seems to be only with microsoft/hotmail accts its currently happening too.
Kaylee Elmer
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylee-elmer.html
Latest Review: A Life In Another Time by Dr. Wayne Woods

Post by Kaylee Elmer »

I stopped getting book of the day emails. This pic is what Microsoft had to say.
Attachments
Screenshot_20220809-084831_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220809-084831_Chrome.jpg (573.79 KiB) Viewed 439 times
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

Vanessa Benoit wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 10:57 Hi, I have a Microsoft email like many others here and haven’t been able to find an email from this website - I have a separate email that I can use and would like to inquire how to change my email on here to that one instead? It seems like other people with Microsoft emails are having trouble too, so the only option I can really see now is to just use my yahoo account.
Please follow the steps in the OP to resolve this issue. Namely, you need to contact Microsoft to find out why they are bouncing email to you as suspected spam instead of delivering to you.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Scott »

jennydelacruz wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 01:38 Hi Scott,

I hope you are doing well.

I have tried all the steps above but still not receiving the emails. I've contacted Hotmail and here's their response
I understand you're no longer receiving emails from a specific sender. Aside from adding the email address to the safe sender's list, there are still other troubleshooting steps you can do to help you identify what is causing the issue. You can refer to the "I didn't receive an email someone sent to my Outlook.com account" section on the support page below. Also, have you tried asking the sender if they are getting an error when sending you an email?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/fix-...
They have given me similar steps, to check the spam/junk folder, steps to add to safe senders list, delete any rules if anything were set. I have tried all steps but to no avail.

Please assist.

Thank you.
Microsoft is bouncing email we send to you, presumably because they suspect it is spam. You will need to contact them to fix it.
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”