Suggestion - linking people

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Midwife of Auschwitz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-n-brega-bartolomeu.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Suggestion - linking people

Post by Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu »

Hi

Just a suggestion.

I think it would be nice if we could follow people and get notifications about their newest reviews.

Also, it would be nice if the website could also make suggestions of reviewers' pages with similar preferences to the readers. This could be done by comparing shelves. Maybe? And people would always have to "follow" another person to get notifications.

Cheers ''
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 378
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Keys to Healthy Communication by Bobby R Patton,Rusalyn H Andrews and Jennifer Page Daily
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Sara Bartolomeu wrote: 12 Mar 2023, 11:16 Hi

Just a suggestion.

I think it would be nice if we could follow people and get notifications about their newest reviews.

Also, it would be nice if the website could also make suggestions of reviewers' pages with similar preferences to the readers. This could be done by comparing shelves. Maybe? And people would always have to "follow" another person to get notifications.

Cheers ''
Hi,

If you click on the link to someone's reviews, you will see an option to compare your shelves to theirs.

It is possible to subscribe to topics. Following was suggested a long time ago, so I could make the suggestion again.

Thanks,

Alice
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Patty Allread
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Problems of Work
Currently Reading: Bird by Bird
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patty-allread.html
Latest Review: Hinduism by Dr Hiro G. Badlani

Post by Patty Allread »

I would love to be able to follow certain reviewers and would be inclined to post a comment on their reviews if I see their recent reviews. Being followed would lead to more popularity and make some reviewers outstandingly popular in a genuine way.
Kirsi Cultrera
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

Patty Allread wrote: 12 Mar 2023, 15:50 I would love to be able to follow certain reviewers and would be inclined to post a comment on their reviews if I see their recent reviews. Being followed would lead to more popularity and make some reviewers outstandingly popular in a genuine way.
I find this an interesting idea, too. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! :)
Kirsi
Official Reviewer Representative
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Patty Allread wrote: 12 Mar 2023, 15:50 I would love to be able to follow certain reviewers and would be inclined to post a comment on their reviews if I see their recent reviews. Being followed would lead to more popularity and make some reviewers outstandingly popular in a genuine way.
I support this idea! I found some reviewers here that are so friendly and likable and I want to follow-through.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Catalina Isabel »

I definitely agree with this, especially as a new reviewer! Many of my friends don't read as much as I do, so I don't want to post my reviews on social media but would love to increase popularity of my reviews, and meet like minded people. I wonder if we should make a new forum of people who can become "friends" - if that's a thing on here? (Still getting my head around some of the functions!) 😊

In the future I'd love the ability to follow others!
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

Sara Bartolomeu wrote: 12 Mar 2023, 11:16 Hi

Just a suggestion.

Cheers ''
Hi,

I think this is a great idea. Based on the comments from other reviewers, I have brought forth this suggestion to management. If you have another idea or function you would like to see included with this feature like this, please feel free to share them on this post. :)
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”