Free Book [resolved]

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Savanah Warner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Free Book [resolved]

Post by Savanah Warner »

I am a very new reviewer to this place. When I find a book I wish to review I often see "free book +$x" or something along the lines.
However when I follow links to receive said free book, I end up having to pay money for it. Am I missing a part where it's actually free? Or do they say it's free if there's no compensation or something?
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying a few dollars for a book. But when I see "free" that's what I'm expecting.
Thanks for the input!
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 378
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Keys to Healthy Communication by Bobby R Patton,Rusalyn H Andrews and Jennifer Page Daily
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Could you please post a screenshot of what you see when you follow a link and are required to pay money?

Thanks,

Alice
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Savanah Warner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Savanah Warner »

I used Stolen Redemption written by R. B. Alonso for an example. It is listed as free book only, available via PDF (C/T/H/M category if that helps). I follow links where it has me go to Amazon to purchase the book. But at the bottom there is a link that says review this book. Should that be what I click on to access the review opportunity instead of following the public purchase link?
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

Savanah Warner wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 15:30 I used Stolen Redemption written by R. B. Alonso for an example. It is listed as free book only, available via PDF (C/T/H/M category if that helps). I follow links where it has me go to Amazon to purchase the book. But at the bottom there is a link that says review this book. Should that be what I click on to access the review opportunity instead of following the public purchase link?
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. If the format available says PDF, this means that if you choose to select it for review, you will be given a link to download a PDF file of this book to review. In this case, you are not required to purchase the book on your own.

I hope this helps!
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 378
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Keys to Healthy Communication by Bobby R Patton,Rusalyn H Andrews and Jennifer Page Daily
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Savanah Warner wrote: 11 Mar 2023, 15:30 I used Stolen Redemption written by R. B. Alonso for an example. It is listed as free book only, available via PDF (C/T/H/M category if that helps). I follow links where it has me go to Amazon to purchase the book. But at the bottom there is a link that says review this book. Should that be what I click on to access the review opportunity instead of following the public purchase link?
Yes, exactly - click on the review opportunity link, then you can download the pdf from the site.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”