Suggest feature: notification of comments on your reviews [resolved]

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Jennifer Coxon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Suggest feature: notification of comments on your reviews [resolved]

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Is there a way that the system could be set up to send you a notification of comments on your reviews or quoted one of your posts?

One of the ways it is suggested to improve your popularity is by commenting in the forums and getting to know the other members, but I feel this would be made easier if you knew a member had either commented on one of your reviews, so that you know to interact back if you wish to. I think it would particularly help if someone commented on an older review of another member that the member may no longer look back at.

There may be something in place, but so far all of my notifications have been “post approved” and I haven’t found anywhere that tells me someone has recently commented on a particular post with the exception of the number tally on the review history page.

I would be interested to know thoughts on this as to whether others would find it useful and if it is a possibility.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

Jennifer Coxon wrote: 16 Sep 2022, 18:00 Is there a way that the system could be set up to send you a notification of comments on your reviews or quoted one of your posts?

One of the ways it is suggested to improve your popularity is by commenting in the forums and getting to know the other members, but I feel this would be made easier if you knew a member had either commented on one of your reviews, so that you know to interact back if you wish to. I think it would particularly help if someone commented on an older review of another member that the member may no longer look back at.

There may be something in place, but so far all of my notifications have been “post approved” and I haven’t found anywhere that tells me someone has recently commented on a particular post with the exception of the number tally on the review history page.

I would be interested to know thoughts on this as to whether others would find it useful and if it is a possibility.
Hi.

Thank you for reaching out. You can choose to receive notifications whenever someone comments on your review. At the bottom of the review, there's a spanner (🔧) icon. When you click on it, you will see a "subscribe topic" option. Click on this to receive notifications about activities on this review.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thank you.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Jennifer Coxon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Melissa Jane wrote: 17 Sep 2022, 02:23 Hi.

Thank you for reaching out. You can choose to receive notifications whenever someone comments on your review. At the bottom of the review, there's a spanner (🔧) icon. When you click on it, you will see a "subscribe topic" option. Click on this to receive notifications about activities on this review.

Thank you.
Thanks. That helps me with staying in touch with people who choose to interact with me. But how does it help when you are trying to build your pool of interaction by commenting on others’ reviews. Is the subscription to the topic tool well known? Would people dislike an unsubscribe version rather than a subscribe version?
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

Jennifer Coxon wrote: 17 Sep 2022, 04:31
Melissa Jane wrote: 17 Sep 2022, 02:23 Hi.

Thank you.
Thanks. That helps me with staying in touch with people who choose to interact with me. But how does it help when you are trying to build your pool of interaction by commenting on others’ reviews. Is the subscription to the topic tool well known? Would people dislike an unsubscribe version rather than a subscribe version?
Hi.

Thank you for reaching out. You can update the kind of notification you'd like to get via the notifications settings page on the UCP. The subscribe version is better because you only get notifications from what you'd like to be notified about.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”