Banner Ads!

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Moddesser Elahi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Banner Ads!

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

Can the ads on the website open in a new tab.
It might be very convenient.
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

I'm not 100% sure what you are talking about, but I do know that if I open OBC with Internet Explorer, more ads show up and more tabs on the website. If I log in with Microsoft Edge, then I have no ads at all and certain tabs are missing - like the share tab under books on a review page. If you adjust your security settings, this might stop the ads, but, as I mentioned, some other features might also be inaccessible. I'm not sure if it's my settings, or if it's settings that come with Edge verses Internet Explorer.
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

I just checked and saw what you meant! I agree, that would be nice if they did open under another tab! But, like I said, if you would rather not have the ads, you can avoid them, but then you miss some other options. I go back and forth occasionally, from Edge to Explorer, to make sure I'm not missing anything really important.
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”