How about interviews?

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

How about interviews?

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

I would like to know more about the members of the team, and maybe I am not the only one.
So why not host some interviews with them?
Instead of having a journalist asking for questions you could ask people to send questions. You can choose the recurrent questions, or make a selection.
I think this would be a great way for members of the community to find out more about the OBC spirit.
Maria Esposito
Favorite Book: The Panhandler and the Professional
Currently Reading: Live from Death Row
Bookshelf Size: 438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-esposito.html
Latest Review: WHY ARE THERE MONKEYS? (and other questions for God) by Brooke Jones
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Maria Esposito »

This is a great idea!
The strongest impetus a man will ever have, in an individual sense, will come from a woman he admires.

- George Jackson, "Soledad Brother"
Theana De lima Araujo
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theana-d.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Theana De lima Araujo »

I love this idea. I just want to know who the editors are and what books and genres they like.
Katie Blackmore
Favorite Book: The Glass Castle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katie-blackmore.html
Latest Review: The Light of Canopus by Frasar

Post by Katie Blackmore »

I think that is a great idea! Maybe they could incorporate the interview into the member of the month thing so then we can find out a little more about them and appreciate the contribution they have made to this platform.
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

I think it's a great idea! OBC has tons of information (well, maybe not tons :shifty:)about it's members, but the information is spread out. Having something all in one place would be nice. You mention the OBC spirit - could a survey question of some sort be provided along with the interview. For instance, if the question to the interviewee was "What is your favorite book?", then the survey question could be for people to answer whether they have or have not read that book, or another book by that author. That information is already provided when you add a book to your shelves, so it would just be a different approach to the same information. Overall, your idea would create a sense of community, I think. :D
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Melisa Jane »

Hello.

Currently, OBC has over 3 million members. Do you think it would be possible to interview them? I'm asking because, with members joining every day, I don't think, I don't think it will be possible. Let me know what you think. Thank you.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Melisa Jane »

Theana D wrote: 18 Aug 2021, 12:38 I love this idea. I just want to know who the editors are and what books and genres they like.
Hello.

This is understandable. However, I think the editors are kept anonymous for a reason. Revealing them may corrupt the process. Let me know what you think. Thank you.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

I think this is a great idea! While I don't know if interviewing the editors would be a good idea because of what JM Reviews said, maybe interviewing special members like the Bookshelves Moderators, Special Discussion Leaders, and the Official Reviewer Representatives would make people feel more welcome. If members knew a bit more about the special people who help keep the OBC community fun and welcoming, they may feel more comfortable while using the website. :)
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”