Adding Novellas/Short Stories to a Series (0.5, 1.5, etc.)

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

winecellarlibrary
Favorite Author: Juliet Marillier
Currently Reading: Yesterday
Bookshelf Size: 462
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-winecellarlibrary.html
Latest Review: The Lines Between Us by Rebecca D'Harlingue
Reading Device: B07VMB5L3C
fav_author_id: 17456

Adding Novellas/Short Stories to a Series (0.5, 1.5, etc.)

Post by winecellarlibrary »

A lot of authors write short stories and novellas that supplement a series. Currently, the bookshelves does not support anything but whole digit numbers (1, 2, 3...) so I am unable to include these books in the series. Is there a way to fix this (aside from just typing the book number in the Subtitle section)?

For example, Juliet Marillier wrote a novella entitled Twixt Firelight and Water, which is book #5.5 in the Sevenwaters series. Currently, I can only add books 1-6 to this series.
There is no frigate like a book
To take us lands away,
Nor any coursers like a page
Of prancing poetry.
This traverse may the poorest take
Without oppress of toll;
How frugal is the chariot
That bears a human soul!
-Emily Dickinson
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

winecellarlibrary wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 17:23 A lot of authors write short stories and novellas that supplement a series. Currently, the bookshelves does not support anything but whole digit numbers (1, 2, 3...) so I am unable to include these books in the series. Is there a way to fix this (aside from just typing the book number in the Subtitle section)?

For example, Juliet Marillier wrote a novella entitled Twixt Firelight and Water, which is book #5.5 in the Sevenwaters series. Currently, I can only add books 1-6 to this series.

Oh, I know!

I've been asking for this since bookshelves were implemented.

The ability to add short stories/novellas to the series (officially) is on the to-do list. Until it's added, including the number in the sub-title field does work. :tiphat:
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”