Chatroom

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Sarziesarah
Currently Reading: Ghostly Manners
Bookshelf Size: 34

Chatroom

Post by Sarziesarah »

Is there a live chatroom on onlinebookclub?
The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.
John Milton
Sarziesarah

Post by Sarziesarah »

To be quite honest, I'd love to just chat with fellow readers like me about books in a live chatroom rather than one of where comments are just said on the forums. Or may be there is a reason why not but I bet it'll be really cool .
The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.
John Milton
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

There has been one planned for awhile. :tiphat:
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
Sarziesarah

Post by Sarziesarah »

:banana-dance: :banana-dance: Yas ! Thanx alot.
John Milton
nana7613
Favorite Book: The Cat in the Hat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nana7613.html
Latest Review: A Life Naive by Oliver Phipps
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by nana7613 »

Gravy wrote: 06 Oct 2019, 18:48 There has been one planned for awhile. :tiphat:
Good to know! It would make the website more interactive.
Tobewankenobe
Currently Reading: Voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 58

Post by Tobewankenobe »

I'd like it, too. Would it mean we'd lose forum participation though?
Thea Frederick
Currently Reading: Little Dorrit
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thea-frederick.html
Latest Review: How to Cope: Parenting a Child with Special Needs by Christine E. Staple Ebanks

Post by Thea Frederick »

I don’t think it would cause loss of forum participation because there will always be people who can’t make it to the chatroom or have something to say outside of it or just prefer the chatting, but I don’t know 🤷🏻‍♀️
:-)
Preye I
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preye-i.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Preye I »

A live chatroom would be cook. These forums are nice but to be able to message people and get a response back would be nice. We could talk about out love for books and exchange our favorite books back and forth.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Preye I wrote: 25 Jan 2022, 19:23 A live chatroom would be cook. These forums are nice but to be able to message people and get a response back would be nice. We could talk about out love for books and exchange our favorite books back and forth.
We have the forums for discussions about the books.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
The Reviewer63
Favorite Book: The Fox
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-reviewer63.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by The Reviewer63 »

:dance: :clap: excited fo it.
Michelle Bell 3
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-bell-3.html
Latest Review: ByTheWay by Dennis Santos

Post by Michelle Bell 3 »

That would great! I’m looking forward to this addition to the website.
Tonia Freeman
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Black Hat/White Hat: A tale of Good is Evil
Bookshelf Size: 756
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonia-freeman.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Tonia Freeman »

That would be good. It took me forever to even feel remotely comfortable with that forum format. I don't know why but it seems like there is a large learning curve for someone that has never used any kind of forum. At first, it seems very clunky and not user-friendly. I am now more comfortable with it but I could see how getting instant help from other users on a simple thing would be very useful to the new users. And of course like you said just having a real-time chat about books or other topics would be nice. I have found most users here to be very kind and helpful, which seems to be a rarity on the internet.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

Tonia Freeman wrote: 11 Aug 2022, 09:32 That would be good. It took me forever to even feel remotely comfortable with that forum format. I don't know why but it seems like there is a large learning curve for someone that has never used any kind of forum. At first, it seems very clunky and not user-friendly. I am now more comfortable with it but I could see how getting instant help from other users on a simple thing would be very useful to the new users. And of course like you said just having a real-time chat about books or other topics would be nice. I have found most users here to be very kind and helpful, which seems to be a rarity on the internet.
Hi Tonia,

I certainly agree with your statement saying "I have found most users here to be very kind and helpful, which seems to be a rarity on the internet." Many times, people seem to always have something negative to say, regardless of what the post or topic is about. I am glad you are comfortable here and enjoy what this site has to offer; this is very pleasing to hear. :)
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
kipper_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kipper.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by kipper_ »

Nice suggestion! It could be interesting to also implement the live chat room concept with a timed format. For example, if concern develops over lack of forum use/need for chat room moderation/etc., a one to two hour period could open up for the chat room at random. After the time ends, the chat room is no longer available until a staff member opens up the next one.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Kaleidoscopic Shades
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Melisa Jane »

kipper_ wrote: 23 Aug 2022, 00:10 Nice suggestion! It could be interesting to also implement the live chat room concept with a timed format. For example, if concern develops over lack of forum use/need for chat room moderation/etc., a one to two hour period could open up for the chat room at random. After the time ends, the chat room is no longer available until a staff member opens up the next one.
Hello.

Thank you for this idea. It looks like a great one. I'll look into it further to see if I can suggest it to the management.

Thank you.
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”