Server Time display

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Harley-Panda
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harley-panda.html
Latest Review: Kennedy's Revenge by Stephen L Rodenbeck

Server Time display

Post by Harley-Panda »

Hello all,

I have a suggestion that I wanted to share as I feel it would be helpful to me (but I'm not sure how easy/difficult it may be to incorporate into the site).

I feel like it would be easier if there were a 'server time' at the top or bottom of the page (in small print).

This is because I am in a different time zone and it can make things a bit tricky when trying to make sure I submit a status update within the time frame - I've seen a few times where I've updated my status and it says I did it at a different date/time than the one I see.

I know it does state the time zone where it says 'The last update was ..........(date/time/timezone)' but there is no timezone stamp next to the due date for the next status. This means someone could potentially update their status prior to that date (where the user is) but late by the server time.

It can also make it difficult to join the daily giveaway in time because it often begins in the late afternoon and ends in the morning for me (I know that seeing the server time wouldn't make it happen in a different time frame, but it would allow for me to see when a new day begins in your time zone so I know when the giveaway will be live).

Anyway, sorry for rambling! Hopefully this is a useful suggestion :)
Thanks
I go to seek a Great Perhaps

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”