Free Choice Book Recommendations (June '23)

June 2023 is a free choice genre! You can read whatever genre you'd like!
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Free Choice Book Recommendations (June '23)

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Do you have any book(s) that you have really loved or enjoyed that you'd like to recommend? (Could be anything!)

When recommending, please share:
  • Title
  • Short summary
  • Genre(s)
  • Targeted audience
Thank you! I look forward in seeing your recommendations! :techie-studyingbrown:
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Rosesbookpicks
Favorite Book: Small Spaces
Currently Reading: A school for good and evil
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosesbookpicks.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Rosesbookpicks »

Heidi M Simone wrote: 03 Jun 2023, 10:27 Do you have any book(s) that you have loved or enjoyed that you'd like to recommend? (Could be anything!)

• Title
  • Short summary
  • Genre(s)
  • Targeted audience
Thank you! I look forward in seeing your recommendations! :techie-studyingbrown:
Yes! I have a lot of books I wanted to share!

- Small Spaces by Katherine Arden! The Main Character here of this book is Ollie and the planning to have a school trip to a local farm where mystery and haunting story. On the way back home, the school bus breaks down, sending their teacher back to the farm for help. But the strange bus driver has some advice for the kids left behind in his care. And the plot is starting. The genre of this book is Middle-grade, Horror, Mystery, Paranormal, and Ghost. The Targeted Audience here is young adults or maybe even adults. I like the story and I add this to my favorite list, the story gives me chills and I recommend this one :) :)
Rosesbookpicks

Post by Rosesbookpicks »

Heidi M Simone wrote: 03 Jun 2023, 10:27 Do you have any book(s) that you have really loved or enjoyed that you'd like to recommend? (Could be anything!)

• Title
  • Short summary
  • Genre(s)
  • Targeted audience
My next suggestion is the front desk!

The title of this book is Front Desk by Kelly Yang. It's a series book and I really wanted to read the book 2. The main character here is Mia Tang and she lives in a motel with her parents. Mia Tang wants to be a writer but she can't because she and her parents are immigrants. The genres of this book are Middle-grade, realistic fiction, historical fiction, and family. The book is based on the story or life of the author because the author too works in a motel when she was young:)
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Rosesbookpicks wrote: 03 Jun 2023, 22:45
Heidi M Simone wrote: 03 Jun 2023, 10:27 Do you have any book(s) that you have loved or enjoyed that you'd like to recommend? (Could be anything!)

• Title
  • Short summary
  • Genre(s)
  • Targeted audience

- Small Spaces by Katherine Arden! The Main Character here of this book is Ollie and the planning to have a school trip to a local farm where mystery and haunting story. On the way back home, the school bus breaks down, sending their teacher back to the farm for help. But the strange bus driver has some advice for the kids left behind in his care. And the plot is starting. The genre of this book is Middle-grade, Horror, Mystery, Paranormal, and Ghost. The Targeted Audience here is young adults or maybe even adults. I like the story and I add this to my favorite list, the story gives me chills and I recommend this one :) :)
Nice! You know what'd funny? I've actually read Small Spaces before and really enjoyed it, too.

Thank you for the recommendation!
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Rosesbookpicks

Post by Rosesbookpicks »

Heidi M Simone wrote: 08 Jun 2023, 20:04

• Title
  • Short summary
  • Genre(s)
  • Targeted audience

Nice! You know what'd funny? I've actually read Small Spaces before and really enjoyed it, too.

That's nice! I've also read book 2 of this book which is Dead Voices😊😊 I haven't read the 3rd book of this series but soon If I have time😊😊

Happy reading Heidi📖📖📚📚
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Rosesbookpicks wrote: 09 Jun 2023, 02:53
Heidi M Simone wrote: 08 Jun 2023, 20:04

That's nice! I've also read book 2 of this book which is Dead Voices😊😊 I haven't read the 3rd book of this series but soon If I have time😊😊

Happy reading Heidi📖📖📚📚
Now, that I'm thinking about I actually haven't read Dead Voices. I'm not sure why. I do remember starting it, but then stopping for some reason. I'll have to pick it back up and read it through at some point.

Happy reading! :techie-studyingbrown:
Heidi

Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Have you read The Folk of the Air trilogy by Holly Black? It's a young adult fantasy trilogy, and I really enjoyed that one. I actually started rereading the trilogy, but had to pause for a bit because of how busy life became. :lol: Hopefully, I'll be able to continue rereading it soon!
Heidi

Rosesbookpicks

Post by Rosesbookpicks »

Heidi M Simone wrote: 18 Jun 2023, 05:14 Have you read The Folk of the Air trilogy by Holly Black? It's a young adult fantasy trilogy, and I really enjoyed that one. I actually started rereading the trilogy but had to pause for a bit because of how busy life became. :lol: Hopefully, I'll be able to continue rereading it soon!
That sounds interesting! I'll try to check out this one and add it to my tbr list! Thank you for your recommendation:)
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Rosesbookpicks wrote: 23 Jun 2023, 09:33
Heidi M Simone wrote: 18 Jun 2023, 05:14 Have you read The Folk of the Air trilogy by Holly Black? It's a young adult fantasy trilogy, and I really enjoyed that one. I actually started rereading the trilogy but had to pause for a bit because of how busy life became. :lol: Hopefully, I'll be able to continue rereading it soon!
That sounds interesting! I'll try to check out this one and add it to my tbr list! Thank you for your recommendation:)
Awesome! When you get to the trilogy, I hope you enjoy! :)
Heidi

Cathy Burgin
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Jana DeLeon
Favorite Book: FOLLY
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 520
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cathy-burgin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 5500

Post by Cathy Burgin »

One of my favorite books is the Paranormal Cozy Mystery, A Witch in the Woods Series written by Jenna St James. The first book is titled Deadly Claws.

Shalya Loci has retired from chasing supernatural bad guys and returned to her home, Enchanted Island, to work as a game warden. She soon finds her life is not the quiet peaceful time she had hoped for. Her mother and grandmother are involved in her life and her grandmother adds a touch of humor to the story, while Sheriff Stone adds a bit of potential romance. And a story like this needs a special and unique character like Needles, a pink, miniature, flying armadillo whose job is to protect Shayla and report back to her father the King. There are mysteries and crimes to solve and Shayla is up to the task.

The genre is paranormal mystery and the audience is primarily adult women.

Return to “June 2023 Genre Discussion”