Kindle ads - Pay 30-50 bucks or see ads?

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.

Would you rather pay more or see ads?

I have a Kindle and I chose the ad-free version.
31%
I have a Kindle and I chose the discount version with ads.
46%
I do not have a Kindle but I would prefer to pay $30-$50 more to not have ads.
6%
I do not have a Kindle but I would prefer to save $30-$50 and have ads.
17%

Total votes: 54

Kmykel
Favorite Author: Margaret Peterson Haddix
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kmykel.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
fav_author_id: 3525

Re: Kindle ads - Pay 30-50 bucks or see ads?

Post by Kmykel »

The ads don't bother me in the slightest. I have the basic Kindle, and if anything, I actually really like having the "screensaver" be a book cover. I wish the ads would fall more in line with my reading preferences, but for what it is, I'm cool with it. It certainly isn't worth the money to have them taken off.
xBibliobibulix
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1638
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xbibliobibulix.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by xBibliobibulix »

I bought the kindle with adds and then quickly purchased the option to remove them. I use my kindle so much I don't want to always see ads and I thought it was worth it for the price. I do remember the ads being minimally intrusive though so I would understand why people wouldn't pay to remove them.
"There are people who read too much: bibliobibuli. . .They wander through this most diverting and stimulating of worlds in a haze, seeing nothing and hearing nothing." -H. L. Mencken

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”