On your Kindle, how many ebooks have you paid for that you have not even started reading yet?

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.

On your Kindle, how many ebooks have you paid for that you have not even started reading yet?

0 books
14%
1-2 books
20%
3-5 books
20%
6-10 books
16%
11-20 books
7%
21-30 books
9%
31-40 books
2%
41-50 books
5%
51-60 books
No votes
61-100 books
No votes
Over 100 books
7%

Total votes: 44

Chelsey Coles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsey-coles.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Re: On your Kindle, how many ebooks have you paid for that you have not even started reading yet?

Post by Chelsey Coles »

Bluebird03 wrote: 23 Jan 2019, 13:37 I have bought so many books for $1.99 or $0.99 because I love the author or the genre. Even loving to read, I don't know when I'll get to all of them....because I keep purchasing more- at those prices. On the positive side, I should never run out of books to read :) :)
Me too!! The library by my house has used paperbacks for $.50 and hardbacks for $1. Even if the book looks a bit bored, I just buy it.... Never gonna run out of books! 8-)
“It's far less important to me to be liked these days than to be understood.” :sad-teareye:
― Lionel Shriver, We Need to Talk About Kevin
ohlendorfbe
Favorite Book: The Piano Man
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohlendorfbe.html
Latest Review: Tears and Trombones by Nanci Lee Woody
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by ohlendorfbe »

My Kindle is FULL of free books. I'm actually on my third Kindle already. Very few of the books on it were more than 99 cents, and I usually don't get a new book until I've finished the one or two that I'm currently reading. I get emails from Freebooksy, BookBub, Early Bird Books, etc. which tell me what free books are available in the genre I've checked off. Mostly these are Indie books. But now that I've started this website I have no scarcity of free new books on my Kindle.
Marsnikk
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marsnikk.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by Marsnikk »

I do this with both series and business self help books. I go to conferences and something is recommended to me, I go in and immediately purchase or download it with Kindle Unlimited.

On my business reading days I always have a fresh supply of books to enjoy.
FestReview
Currently Reading: The Employee Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-festreview.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by FestReview »

At any given moment in my apps I have more than 5 free ebooks. It then becomes very difficult for me to ever have the need to buy any ebooks for that matter.
Sminnich
Currently Reading: Through My Daughter's Eyes
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sminnich.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Sminnich »

I subscribe to this website, bookbub.com they will send you a list of books based on your preferences. The books will be either free or very discounted. 90% of my books on my kindle come from there and I got them for free! I love that site!
Alexandra1234
Currently Reading: The Cult Next Door
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandra1234.html
Latest Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick

Post by Alexandra1234 »

Even though I don't buy books as much as I used to, I still have 2 books that I haven't touched. Getting so many free books, I rarely buy them nowadays
'' A book is a dream you hold in your hand.'' - Neil Gaiman
Gotta Book
Favorite Book: The Nickel Boys
Currently Reading: Godshot
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gotta-book.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B07X4GF8HS

Post by Gotta Book »

I also rarely buy books anymore. For my must read books, I get on my library’s waitlist. In between, I read kindle unlimited books or other library books. But even when I was still buying books, once I switched to ebooks, I never bought a book I wasn’t ready to read.

Back when I read paper books, I would sometimes stock up with 5-6 books from someplace like Sam’s that had good prices. When those were gone, I would do the same again.

I dislike paying for a book that I don’t read and I dislike reading a book just because I paid for it. For sure, ebooks have saved me a ton of money.
Megan_89
Currently Reading: Flare
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Megan_89 »

I am an avid reader. Usually when I want something new, I'll look up a genre and I'll go throw a few pages on amazon and I'll add or buy anywhere from 3 to 10 books. Now I have learned that this probably was not the best way of reuping my books because now I have at least 20 books that I have yet to read because I either find something better or I just never got around to it. Also once I start a series I have to finish it before starting a new one.
Grace Bela
Currently Reading: Jesus Calling
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-bela.html
Latest Review: Moon Luck by Wayne Scott Harral

Post by Grace Bela »

I only have the problem of buying books and not reading them when they're paperback. I get Kindle books only when they're free and/or I'm sure I'm going to read them.
asteel18
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asteel18.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by asteel18 »

I'd be terrified to look at all of the books that I have already purchased but not yet read.
-Amy
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Post by Black Jewel »

I typically stick to just free books on my kindle, and pay for a real copy of a book if I'm going to actually spend money on one.
Lily Ahulu
Currently Reading: Jet Girl
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Lily Ahulu »

I HAVE FOUR BOOKS NOW. HOPING TO READ THEM SOON. FINGERS CROSSED
Carole Ficheria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Carole Ficheria »

I have 32 paid books inmy kindle library and 23 from the Kindle Unlimited
Marie Chalupová
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Brandon Sanderson
Currently Reading: The Will of the World
Bookshelf Size: 2286
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marie-chalupov.html
Latest Review: The Shot Not Heard Around the World by Charlie damitz
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 4040
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 17%

Post by Marie Chalupová »

I have just few. I mostly only buy at the time I am going to read the book, if I cannot get it in library or on Scribd. I might not benefit from promotions but I probably save more if I only buy what I am about to read.
My physical TBR pile is big though.
Sheri Iodice
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheri-iodice.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Sheri Iodice »

I wish that I had more time to read, but when I do I have plenty of them loaded and ready! When I see one I am interested in, it is easier to download it then than have to find it later!

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”