Does anyone have a kindle?

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Tamanna
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamanna.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Re: Does anyone have a kindle?

Post by Tamanna »

I have a kindle, but I prefer reading actual, solid books. I love how they feel in my hand, how they smell and adding them to my bookshelf. I tend not to get too into reading on my kindle and I do so only if the hardcopy of the book is too expensive or if I need to travel. When I travel I take around 10 books with me, so using a kindle instead helps reduce all that weight and space.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
busycat
Currently Reading: Zanthia
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-busycat.html
Latest Review: "Talon" by Gigi Sedlmayer

Post by busycat »

I have a Kindle, but I actually almost never use it because it takes time to haul it out and turn it on. It's an older Kindle also, without color like the Kindle Fire, which may be why I don't feel drawn to it--all that grayscale. I do use my smartphone Kindle app constantly, though, so I'd say I like using Kindle. I read a lot of ebooks and I'm pretty much 50/50 on them vs. print.
Latest Review: "Talon" by Gigi Sedlmayer
michiness
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michiness.html
Latest Review: "An Unexpected Life" by Victoria Ortiz

Post by michiness »

I struggled for a long time with the idea that reading on a kindle wasn't really reading. But when I started traveling, I quickly realized that it wasn't really feasible to carry books. I bought my kindle and never looked back, since I love that I was able to read and carry all of my long, epic fantasy books in one device.
Latest Review: "An Unexpected Life" by Victoria Ortiz
GathuaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gathuam.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by GathuaM »

Kchirgwi wrote:Do you like your kindle?
Yes i do love my Kindle. It has helped ease the stress that comes with having to carry along a book whenever I want to read. I still love reading hard copies but also love the advance in technology that allows you to read or buy books at the click of a button.
erjonas
Currently Reading: Inferno
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erjonas.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by erjonas »

Yes! I love my kindle. I was devastated last Christmas when I discovered that I'd managed to break my old kindle at some point on my travel. But when I replaced it with a touch screen version, I've noticed that the user-friendliness of the new one has made me use it even more than the old one :P
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Heather_Mc
Currently Reading: Anna Karenina
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heather-mc.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Heather_Mc »

I received a Kindle for Christmas last year, and I love it! It's so lightweight and easy to carry, and since I don't have much space for physical bookshelves, it comes in handy for book storage. But I still like paperback books. I go back and forth between paperbacks and my Kindle. Either one is good. :)
Joy Christine
Currently Reading: When Things Fall Apart
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-christine.html
Latest Review: "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan
Reading Device: B00REQL3AE

Post by Joy Christine »

I finally got a Kindle last month. I chose the Oasis with 3G and it is perfect for me. Super lightweight so my hand never get tired. So ergonomically comfortable. Easy on my eyes as I suffer from severe migraines. Beautiful leather charging case and is small enough to always have your library with you. It has changed how I spend my free time.
Latest Review: "Lemoncella Cocktail" by Rene Natan
mochababy70
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mochababy70.html

Post by mochababy70 »

I have a Kindle and I wouldn't trade it for anything. If something happens to it, I will be buying another one. I find it is easier to read from a kindle than an actual book now.
Carolyn O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Carolyn O »

Hubby got me a Kindle Fire HD10 for Christmas. Just got it online the last week or so. I'm still learning how to down load books. I posted a review in Amazon for a book about birds as him since he registered the Fire and the Amazon account as well as the Paypal account in his name. So folks, when you see a review from a male, about a traditionally female read, it's just possible the beloved in his life is hooked up to his account. Only downer is that I have to order from his computer since he saved the passwords on it and cannot remember them.

Parents of any gender, get your children happy with the printed word in all its forms and glory. With the text-to-speech features even slow readers can enjoy challenging books. I well remember when I took my then 1 year old to the library. Too young for the young readers groups but she chose arm loads of books which I read to her when we got home.

Books are a wonderful way to travel and experience things different from ones normal everyday life. The right books can teach tolerance, forgiveness, enlightenment, morality, and give joy to the reader.

I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent with my child in my lap, learning the joy of visiting other worlds via books. Since books were her friends my child thoroughly enjoyed the experience of learning new skill through book while in school.

PS I just downloaded some classics no longer copyrighted, now they are in my library and not taking up physical space. A win, win situation since my 6 bookcases are Full!
Taschroeder1

Post by Taschroeder1 »

As I get older I appreciate my kindle more and more. I usually fall asleep reading at night so I don’t have my glasses on, the kindle makes this possible while a book I have to choose by print size
Arrigo_Lupori
Favorite Author: Haruki Murakami
Currently Reading: A Short History of Nearly Everything
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrigo-lupori.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2566

Post by Arrigo_Lupori »

I still have the basic version of the Kindle, the one that costs 50$ or something like that. I enjoy it greatly, but I do wish I had the Paperwhite, it is quite hard to read in dim environments, just like a normal book. I enjoy the portability of it the most. What I also enjoy is how fast I read on it. I tend to read faster on kindles than on books because of the format, it makes me glide through words. Definitely a fan over here.
"The abstract sensation of living a lifestyle that hasn't been fully understood."
- The epitome of taste in living disgrace.
Lmr2207

Post by Lmr2207 »

I started with a Kindle years ago, but usually use the Kindle app on iPad, phone, and laptop. Still read a few non ebooks a year, but love the convenience of Kindle!
psc5665
Currently Reading:

Post by psc5665 »

I have owned my Kindle for a feq years and love how easy itakes reading a book for me. The kindle allows you to choose the font size (which is great if you have trouble seeing) I can have mutiple books without having to carry a load of books. The storage for your books is eaiser on a kindle now i do not have to find a place to keep all of mt books.
love my books
Currently Reading: Guardian of Deceit
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-love-my-books.html
Latest Review: The Devil Take Tomorrow by Gretchen Jeannette

Post by love my books »

I have both the Kindle Fire and Nook black and white. I love them both. I haven't downloaded any books on the Kindle yet, mostly play games. I have books on my Nook which is very convenient and I never lose my place where I left off reading.
rusalka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rusalka.html
Latest Review: The Buried Secrets of Peonies by Mernegar Dorgoly

Post by rusalka »

I have the most basic kindle, have had it for five years, and I’m amazed at the quality still, and how well it’s holding up. It managed to change my opinion on books vs ereaders, and I don’t know what I’d do without it!

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”