Does anyone have a kindle?

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
PBJB7226
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Does anyone have a kindle?

Post by PBJB7226 »

I have a Kindle as well, and have absolutely loved it. It makes reading by the pool on vacation that much easier because I don't have to fill my carry on with 3 books that may get damaged. I just load up my Kindle before I go, and I can have a whole library at my fingertips!
ebookie

Post by ebookie »

I have a kindle fire. Love it. I had an iPad before and had both the Kindle and Nook app. When the iPad died, I was trying to decide between a Nook and a Kindle and the Kindle just has more features and options, including book options for low cost or to borrow. Its also a tablet, so you can do regular web browsing and install some other apps on it for additional uses.
pastorlarry
Favorite Author: E.E. Isherwood
Currently Reading: First Wave
Bookshelf Size: 37
fav_author_id: 84150

Post by pastorlarry »

I love the fact that I can have my entire library with me at all times. However, I still have, and even add to, a physical library as well. Baby steps! Haha!
spacer
Currently Reading: Sepulchre
Bookshelf Size: 206
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by spacer »

I do have a kindle which I absolutely love and love the light for reading at night .
nobunkum
Currently Reading: The Caucasus
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nobunkum.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by nobunkum »

I have a kindle fire and I like it alright. The thing I love though is the kindle reader software. I love that I can read on the kindle and then go to my phone and have it remember my spot from the kindle reader. And then I can read it on my laptop as well with the software. I like that I can highlight and make comments and look up things. Cool software.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

No, not as yet but I intend to get one soon.
jafrost

Post by jafrost »

I have three different kindle and love them all!!
SammiArch
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sammiarch.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by SammiArch »

I love my kindle! And its even more helpful now that I can automatically send my book downloads to the kindle, regardless of where I originally accepted it.
Sammi Arch
Shaggy-Reads
Currently Reading: Bound in Flames
Bookshelf Size: 393
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaggy-reads.html
Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Post by Shaggy-Reads »

:techie-studyingbrown: I have to confess to having gone through several kindles and I also love my book books too. I have so many books that my husband is now building me a private library in his huge shop. I tend to collect first editions of my favorite books and book series. For Christmas my family gifted me two huge boxes full of new books; best of both worlds. I actually have a gone with the wind second edition but would love a first. My second is so old I have never opened it and have it sealed in plastic. All that said, I would never give my kindle up. I am an extremely avid reader and run through so many books on a weekly basis. I went through a 17 book series in the last two weeks and wouldn’t have been able to do that without my kindle. I now can read till my hearts content and not lug around several books when I travel. My kindle is light and stores copious amounts of content with the option to always add more. I am using the kindle fire right now so I don’t even need an additional tablet. If I could add my cell to the device I’d be in heaven lol. Best gift I ever received when the first version came out and best bit of tech I own to this day. Don’t hesitate any longer. You will not regret your decision.
DeborahCupples

Post by DeborahCupples »

I have Fire and Paperwhite. I prefer Paperwhite for reading (which I think is all it can do) because it has a non-glare screen and you can control the brightness and font size.

I like Fire for listening to audio books.
CatlynnHighlights
Currently Reading: Infinite Jest
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catlynnhighlights.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by CatlynnHighlights »

I do have a kindle, and personally it is my preferred reading form. I can read faster and in any position with my kindle (I don’t have to flip pages, there’s no screen rotation, I can read one-handed). This makes reading so much easier, and I can carry a lot more books in one compact device.
Surakshita-11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surakshita-11.html
Latest Review: The Mystery Of Flight 2222 by Thomas Neviaser

Post by Surakshita-11 »

I don't have the kindle but I do have free kindle app free on android and after using it I can actually suggest any book lover to have a kindle because the app it self is a great one and even I am thinking of having one.
Hollyrobb42
Currently Reading: The Warramunga's War
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollyrobb42.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Hollyrobb42 »

I am undecided about kindles, because I, like many others, like holding a physical book!
“I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library”
pixiequeer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pixiequeer.html
Latest Review: Mistress Suffragette by Diana Forbes

Post by pixiequeer »

I have a Kindle, but the only thing it's good for is reading. The app store is very limited, the graphics are low, everything involving the internet takes a lifetime, the keyboard is slow. I really honestly don't like it and do not see what purpose it could possibly have, seeing as you can just have a normal smartphone and download the Kindle app.

My mom got my Kindle for free through a giveaway. It is not a purchase I would make. It is not worth my money, but that's just me.
pixiequeer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pixiequeer.html
Latest Review: Mistress Suffragette by Diana Forbes

Post by pixiequeer »

Hollyrobb42 wrote: 03 Aug 2018, 08:25 I am undecided about kindles, because I, like many others, like holding a physical book!
I'm right in that category with ya! Nothing beats holding, smelling, feeling, looking at, and reading an actual physical copy of a book! I wouldn't trade a physical copy for the world ❤

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”