Kindle Update

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Rayell
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayell.html

Kindle Update

Post by Rayell »

I have the original Kindle, and I use it probably half of the time. I am wondering if anyone has thoughts on whether or not I should buy a newer version. I enjoy the old one because it is strictly for reading, but wonder if the newer versions offer something more to the experience. I greatly appreciate both positive and negative reviews regarding newer Kindles. Thanks in advance!
Juliet+1
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Elephants of Style
Currently Reading: A New American Evolution
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-1.html
Latest Review: Your Smart Home Voyage by Gary Rockis

Post by Juliet+1 »

I have a basic Kindle and use it for all ebook reading. I love it. But . . . I did buy a Kindle Fire for listening to audio books. Noticed that the Fire displays some elements of ebooks that that the basic Kindle won't, like Table of Contents, some illustrations. On the other hand, I can't move mobi files to/from the Fire. The newer Kindles have a newer connection protocol that really limits what you can do.
unencumbered
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unencumbered.html
Latest Review: A Thousand Seeds of Joy by Ananda Karunesh

Post by unencumbered »

Some reviewers on the Kindle say that it's basically just a power-efficient tablet which is restricted to Amazon services. The Fire, for instance, is supposed to have adware which can only be removed by making a one-time payment. Personally, I've been using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 with the Kindle app, and another app called ReadEra which will allow me to open text, mobi, etc, etc documents and have the reader "feel" to them, inclusive of the bookmark feature, etc. The tablet lasts me a long day of reading, provided I'm not using it for other, more strenuous tasks, but conversely, doesn't have the same gentleness on the eye the Paperwhite offers.
gayscott
Favorite Book: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gayscott.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by gayscott »

:lol: I have a Kindle Fire and love it. It's probably one of the first because I've had it for at least 7 years. I can access email, play games, read books, search the web, and more. I spend more time on it than my computer.
I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me. :reading-6: :reading-6: :angelic-cyan:
tanner87cbs
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanner87cbs.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by tanner87cbs »

I had gotten a plain kindle and did not enjoy it because it was very slow. I recently bought a Fire 7 2019 edition and love it!
gayscott
Favorite Book: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gayscott.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by gayscott »

I have probably one of the first Kindle Fires and I love it. I use it to read books, watch movies, surf the web, play games, socialize on FB, and check personal emails. I'd be lost without it since I find it more convenient than desktop or laptop computers. I'm still old fashioned, in a sense though, because I still prefer to hold an actual book and flip pages by hand.
I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me. :reading-6: :reading-6: :angelic-cyan:

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”