Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Happinessfreder
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Post by Happinessfreder »

The pages of the book appears blank on my screen
Laura Weber
Currently Reading: Agatha the Beloved Queen
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-weber.html
Latest Review: Madam Vice President by Julian Mann
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Laura Weber »

It is very probably that most Kindel users trying to download a .mobi file got the email from Amazon telling starting August '22 (no specific day consigned) Kindle will not accept .mobi files. Amazon also says that they will include a "translator" or "adapter" for .mobi files in the Kindle app. And once again, I apologiza for my English.
Brenda Kowalski
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Brenda Kowalski »

I opened the book after several tries finally got it to open and started reading until I read approximately 15% of the book and flip the page and it buffed and never opened. I closed out my browser opened up in Amazon hit the “Read Now” and the book is not opening for me to read it’s as if it’s not there. I will take a screenshot in case you need to see proof. I would like to finish this book if possible please…..very interesting book
Brenda Kowalski
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Brenda Kowalski »

Yaayyy!!! I found the solution! I have recovers the book and downloaded it to my kindle from the Amazon app. I sorry the name of the book is Defining moments of a free man from a black stream. Sorry I forgot to mention that in my first response
Aileen J Kreiss
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aileen-kreiss.html
Latest Review: True Teryn by S.G. Blaise

Post by Aileen J Kreiss »

I tried option 1 and 2, they didn't work. I didn't get any error messages except the "you don't have an app to open this" message, I'm using a galaxy 20-something and a lenovo laptop, and this is my first time trying to download a mobi file
Kimberly Aiello
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Kimberly Aiello »

I tried downloading the book and it told me that I have to be in the same country as the Author. So I used the code you gave me and it says it's downloaded but I can't find it in my downloaded books. So do I need a Kindle app downloaded on my phone for it to work?
Yinky_D
Currently Reading:

Post by Yinky_D »

Good day, I have been trying to download the Apocalypse reckoning 2.0 by Williams Acie Singleton, but seems futile as I have used close to 300MB of data to download ,precisely in the downloading site I was seeing 11.92GB. out of 12.24 GB please what does it specify.I really need help as a fadt that I thought all books are below 1GB
.Thank you.
Tanya G Davis
Currently Reading: Appolo's raven
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Tanya G Davis »

There was an error report for the book .it said the file was corrupt .I chose another book to review that was on the list .there .Do I just read and do a review or go back select it and put it on my I'm reading this instead .This actually makes more sense .
Devinay
Currently Reading:

Post by Devinay »

I have tried to download in onto the computer, but it won't do that either. Says something about no application to open. I have tried to move it to my kindle folder using option 1 but that won't work either.
Sierra Iverson
Currently Reading: When No One Else Believed

Post by Sierra Iverson »

I downloaded the book but now I can’t find it! Help!!!
Terry-Leigh Daly

Post by Terry-Leigh Daly »

I tried downloading the book multiple times but it will not open
Rochelle Cline
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rochelle-cline.html
Latest Review: Journey to your Summit by Dave Vetta

Post by Rochelle Cline »

I can't find my book Journey to your Summit to open again and read. It was in my review area but now is gone.
Damitria tate
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Damitria tate »

I'm trying to go to the download page for the book but it keep showing as an error.
Autumn Baranyai

Post by Autumn Baranyai »

Mine will not download at all. It is saying something about an incorrect format. I’m guessing it’s talking about my phone
Barbara Shepard
Currently Reading: What Makes America Great

Post by Barbara Shepard »

I clicked on the button to download the book and it downloaded successfully. It's converted to an adobe pdf. I read a little and when I was ready to go back to reading more, days later I could not find the copy in my downloads, desktop, or documents. These are the only places I would have put it. Is it at all possible to get another copy?

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”