Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Ulohoevelyn
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Post by Ulohoevelyn »

I haven't tried any of the procedures you sent me. My device is an android tecnoLA7 phone. I could not download the kindle app because I was notified that it is not available to my country. I have a Media 365reader instead but it can't open the book. I have never opened a mobi file before. So assist me in converting the file or to get the kindle free app
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Ulohoevelyn wrote: 16 Mar 2019, 03:20 I haven't tried any of the procedures you sent me. My device is an android tecnoLA7 phone. I could not download the kindle app because I was notified that it is not available to my country. I have a Media 365reader instead but it can't open the book. I have never opened a mobi file before. So assist me in converting the file or to get the kindle free app
The kindle free app belongs to Amazon, so we can't help you with that. You can try to convert the file via the Free Calibre App. Otherwise, you need to quit the book via your Update tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Moray_001
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moray-001.html
Latest Review: Of All Faiths & None by Andrew Tweeddale

Post by Moray_001 »

I’m not using a Kindle. Can I still open mobi files? The book didn’t download.
gali

Post by gali »

Moray_001 wrote: 22 Mar 2019, 14:41 I’m not using a Kindle. Can I still open mobi files? The book didn’t download.
No. You need a kindle or kindle App for that.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Moray_001
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moray-001.html
Latest Review: Of All Faiths & None by Andrew Tweeddale

Post by Moray_001 »

Oh in that case I guess I can’t read the book I chose for review. How do I undo it?
gali

Post by gali »

Moray_001 wrote: 22 Mar 2019, 16:49 Oh in that case I guess I can’t read the book I chose for review. How do I undo it?
You can try to convert the file to PDF via the free Calibre App. If it doesn't work, you need to quit the book via your Update tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

zeyla7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zeyla7.html
Latest Review: Love is the Answer, God is the Cure by Aimee Cabo Nikolov

Post by zeyla7 »

I can no longer get back to the book Who Told You That You were Naked by William Combs ( in PDF format) to finish reading it. How do I download it again? thank you
gali

Post by gali »

zeyla7 wrote: 30 Mar 2019, 03:17 I can no longer get back to the book Who Told You That You were Naked by William Combs ( in PDF format) to finish reading it. How do I download it again? thank you
By reporting it and asking for another copy via your Update tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

SamDave
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samdave.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's Aftermath of War by Greg Kater

Post by SamDave »

Please admin, 1. I've tried the options given above but non of them worked.
2. I received no error message(s).
3. I'm making use of smart phone- tecno cammon.
4. I tried to download kindle app from amazon but it's saying that kindle app is not available in my country.
I have copied "the biblical clock" to my computer to see if there is any app that can read it but I couldn't find any.
gali

Post by gali »

SamDave wrote: 20 Apr 2019, 09:37 Please admin, 1. I've tried the options given above but non of them worked.
2. I received no error message(s).
3. I'm making use of smart phone- tecno cammon.
4. I tried to download kindle app from amazon but it's saying that kindle app is not available in my country.
I have copied "the biblical clock" to my computer to see if there is any app that can read it but I couldn't find any.
If you can't download the kindle app and can't convert the file via the free Calibre App, you need to quit the book via your Update tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

Dbates529

Post by Dbates529 »

1) I did not need to try options 1,2, or 3 as the file is already on my kindle app, it just won't download/open.

2) No error message. The book appears on my kindle app but when I click on it, the download never starts.

3) Samsung Galaxy S9

4) I am not sure if I have opened a mobile file on this device before

5) The book I am attempting to download is "The Unbound Soul" by Richard Haight.

Thank you!
gali

Post by gali »

Dbates529 wrote: 25 Apr 2019, 12:06 1) I did not need to try options 1,2, or 3 as the file is already on my kindle app, it just won't download/open.

2) No error message. The book appears on my kindle app but when I click on it, the download never starts.

3) Samsung Galaxy S9

4) I am not sure if I have opened a mobile file on this device before

5) The book I am attempting to download is "The Unbound Soul" by Richard Haight.

Thank you!
Next time please add the format when asking for help. As the format for this book is Kindle Unlimited, you need to join the program to get it. If you can't join it due to your location, you need to quit the book via your Update tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

valeriej42
Currently Reading:

Post by valeriej42 »

I feel like the issue I have is different from what most have posted. After downloading the book my Amazon account says I have no registered devices. I have the Kindle app and have successfully used it for years.
gali

Post by gali »

valeriej42 wrote: 04 May 2019, 06:49 I feel like the issue I have is different from what most have posted. After downloading the book my Amazon account says I have no registered devices. I have the Kindle app and have successfully used it for years.
You should check your Amazon account to see if your device is registered there. If it is, you should contact Amazon about it. If it isn't, you should add your device to your Amazon account.
A retired Admin/Mod

Amy Kirchmann

Post by Amy Kirchmann »

Not able to open the book -as I don't have the app and don't have the time to sort it out.

I keep on getting emails and warnings. I want to be part of the book review program but I didn't even download the book and have been completely spammed for days now.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”