Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
ase_j
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Post by ase_j »

It won’t open in kindle app and trying to open in mobi app I get an error message, failed to load document, document is corrupted.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

ase_j wrote: 20 Sep 2019, 20:42 It won’t open in kindle app and trying to open in mobi app I get an error message, failed to load document, document is corrupted.
You should report it via your Update tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
chaser

Post by chaser »

I'm not sure what the problem is, but I cannot get this book to show up on my Kindle.
I've tried 4 different ways of installing it, and NOTHING is working. I don't have the time to rip into this and figure out the issue. I've tried uploading it from my computer via patch cable, it shows in the folder, it doesn't show on my Kindle. I tried uploading it via Calibre, it's not registering. I tried going through WiFi File Explorer Pro, that didn't work, either. I tried sending it through Comcast mail to my Kindle doc address, Comcast said it was too big to email.
I'm out of options, out of patience and I need to get back to work, not try and figure out why this book is pulling this BS.
gali

Post by gali »

chaser wrote: 22 Sep 2019, 09:25 I'm not sure what the problem is, but I cannot get this book to show up on my Kindle.
I've tried 4 different ways of installing it, and NOTHING is working. I don't have the time to rip into this and figure out the issue. I've tried uploading it from my computer via patch cable, it shows in the folder, it doesn't show on my Kindle. I tried uploading it via Calibre, it's not registering. I tried going through WiFi File Explorer Pro, that didn't work, either. I tried sending it through Comcast mail to my Kindle doc address, Comcast said it was too big to email.
I'm out of options, out of patience and I need to get back to work, not try and figure out why this book is pulling this BS.
What format is it? You should submit an error report about it via your Update tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
chaser

Post by chaser »

It's MOBI. I don't know where that is...
gali

Post by gali »

chaser wrote: 22 Sep 2019, 10:41 It's MOBI. I don't know where that is...
Have you saved it to your PC when downloading it? If you did, it should be under "downloads". You submit an error report via your Update tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

Godbeloved

Post by Godbeloved »

The ki for reader folder doesn't appear on my phone's file manager
chaser

Post by chaser »

Yes, I can see it on my PC, I can see it in the folder on my Kindle when I open it through a usb patch on my computer. But it doesn't show up on any list or folder on my kindle. Even searching for it through WIFI explorer pro or Root Explorer.
I've had Kindle do this with other books I didn't get from them. Mostly Smashwords and Gutenberg, but a few others.
I just don't have the time to play with it. I'm under a rapidly approaching deadline...so? It's gonna have to wait.
gali

Post by gali »

chaser wrote: 22 Sep 2019, 19:38 Yes, I can see it on my PC, I can see it in the folder on my Kindle when I open it through a usb patch on my computer. But it doesn't show up on any list or folder on my kindle. Even searching for it through WIFI explorer pro or Root Explorer.
I've had Kindle do this with other books I didn't get from them. Mostly Smashwords and Gutenberg, but a few others.
I just don't have the time to play with it. I'm under a rapidly approaching deadline...so? It's gonna have to wait.
It is odd. It is probably to your Kindle setting. You can try to send the file to your Kindle via your Kindle email.

You should either report that, ask for an extension, or quit the book via your Update tab. Otherwise, it will negatively affect your score.
A retired Admin/Mod

mddodgen
Favorite Book: Skills of the Warramunga
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mddodgen.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by mddodgen »

My problem is not just opening a book that you have listed available for review, but when I did finally get it to open, all I received was an advertisement for the book "The Date Farm".
I thought I must have made a mistake when downloading the file from Review selection site.
So, I repeated the download process and received same file. No book, just ad cover.
Can you guide me upon how I can download the book so I may actually read it?
Thank you for your time.
gali

Post by gali »

mddodgen wrote: 12 Oct 2019, 11:16 My problem is not just opening a book that you have listed available for review, but when I did finally get it to open, all I received was an advertisement for the book "The Date Farm".
I thought I must have made a mistake when downloading the file from Review selection site.
So, I repeated the download process and received same file. No book, just ad cover.
Can you guide me upon how I can download the book so I may actually read it?
Thank you for your time.
You should submit an error report about it via your Update tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

mddodgen
Favorite Book: Skills of the Warramunga
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mddodgen.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by mddodgen »

Thank you. Yes, I have sent an error report via Update tab and have not heard any thing back from the team yet. I am sure that they will get to it as soon as they have the time.
But, thanks again for your response.
AutumnBussey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-autumnbussey.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by AutumnBussey »

My Amazon account tells me the ebook has already been accepted but I cannot find the downloaded book anywhere. I have checked that I’m signed in and synchronized, and updated my apps.
"Always."
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
gali

Post by gali »

AutumnBussey wrote: 22 Oct 2019, 16:09 My Amazon account tells me the ebook has already been accepted but I cannot find the downloaded book anywhere. I have checked that I’m signed in and synchronized, and updated my apps.
Have you tried contacting them about it?
A retired Admin/Mod

Sunblue

Post by Sunblue »

I am having the problem with the 'The eBook has already been accepted' message popping up when I tried to redeem the Kindle Gift Code. It seems that other people in this forum have had similar problems, but I didn't see a solution. I have purchased and read other books via the Kindle Cloud Reader before, so it is not a problem of device compatibility or file type. The problem is that there is no file showing up in my Kindle account at all. I can't sync it to a device because it's not there to begin with, and to the best of my ability to find out, it's not listed as 'pending' or 'redeemed' or anything like that either.

I contacted Amazon customer support, and they said that there is no record of the file being sent to or redeemed by my account, and that I should consult with tech support on this end. None of the options in the 'I need to report and error or problem' response for the update page seem to be appropriate to the situation. 'The book is no longer available for free via Amazon' would seem to be closest.

This is my first attempt at getting a book to review, so I'm unsure what to do at this point. Is there a way to have a different gift code sent? Do I have to renege my attempt to review the book? What should I do?

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”