Kindle App

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
QueenCat
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-queencat.html

Kindle App

Post by QueenCat »

I think one of the smartest techie things I've done is download Amazon's Kindle App to both my laptop and my Nexus. I can read anything, anytime, anywhere. I use it regularly with no problems.
starryutopia-momof3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starryutopia-momof3.html

Post by starryutopia-momof3 »

I have to agree. Even though I have a Kindle, I don't always have it with me. My Kindle app on my phone is what I end up using most of the time.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I have a kindle, but I also downloaded the App to my cell.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
sybil1reader
Favorite Author: All crime authors
Favorite Book: Too Many to name
Currently Reading: CJ Lyons
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sybil1reader.html
Latest Review: "Deadly Secrets" by Robert Boris Riskin

Post by sybil1reader »

I have a Kindle but I downloaded the app on my phone as well. I have it on my desktop too.
Latest Review: "Deadly Secrets" by Robert Boris Riskin
PashaRu
Currently Reading: Vicars of Christ - The Dark Side of the Papacy
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pasharu.html
Latest Review: "Damn Females on the Lawn" by Rachel Hurd

Post by PashaRu »

I have a Kindle, but also have the app on my phone and iPad. I love that they all sync, and I can read on one device, pick up another device later or the next day and open to the exact place I left off. Ain't technology grand?
Latest Review: "Damn Females on the Lawn" by Rachel Hurd
Angelnutt27

Post by Angelnutt27 »

I have a Kindle also, but when I got my iPad I loaded the Kindle app. Much easier to read.
silvay77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvay77.html

Post by silvay77 »

I don't have a kindle but I have the app on my cell and it's great. Even my daughter has it on her tablet. We are constantly reading and fighting over which book is best.
animalgirl
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-animalgirl.html

Post by animalgirl »

I have three kindles. Just got my Paper White today. Also have a Kindle Touch and a Kindle Fire HDX. That is mostly for the tablet though. I also had a Kindle App on my computer. I've had it for years and have no trouble with it either. I also downloaded a Nook App for PC yesterday. Hope that works just as well. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet though.
Deee
Favorite Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 18984">The Two Towers</a>
Currently Reading: Second Foundation
Bookshelf Size: 1417
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deee.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Deee »

I absolutely love the kindle app. I use it on my Samsung galaxy tab and my phone. I definitely prefer it to the nook app. I also have had no trouble with Amazon customer service while Bnb is a nightmare. I've learned my lesson and just stick to kindle and Amazon.
"But to find out the truth about how dreams die, one should never take the word of the dreamer."

Toni Morrison, The Bluest Eye.
patrickt

Post by patrickt »

starryutopia-momof3 wrote:I have to agree. Even though I have a Kindle, I don't always have it with me. My Kindle app on my phone is what I end up using most of the time.
For me it would be the opposite. I usually read on my Kindle but when I'm stranded without if the Nexus it there. As a compulsive reader the Kindle app on my Nexus 5 saves me from having to read package labels and political ads.
JillianFae
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by JillianFae »

I downloaded the Kindle App on my windows phone, and while it has a few flaws, I would definitely be lost without it.

I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem with Kindle on their phone, or maybe it's specific to windows phone, but for some reason when I've used my kindle app quite a bit it sort of glitches. The screen gets distorted, and while I can still use the app, and exiting and re-entering a few times usually fixes it, it is sort of a pain.
KateNox
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katenox.html
Latest Review: "Eastern Wisdom Western Soul" by Richard Singer

Post by KateNox »

I adore my kindle app! I can't stop organizing everything, I love it how my notes and highlights are accessible anytime (however, they are also in the adobe reader) - but the most favorite thing about the kindle app is that "two-clicks-away" dictionary. I can't express it how much I love that option cause sometimes I just don't want to open my web browser and google the word. This way, you have you're dictionary inbuilt and I adore it!

Also, one question: does anybody know if one can have a kindle email address only if he had purchased a kindle device, or is it possible to have it if you only got the kindle app?
Latest Review: "Eastern Wisdom Western Soul" by Richard Singer
EmilyHeather
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emilyheather.html

Post by EmilyHeather »

I absolutely love the kindle app. I am always reading something new and sometimes just don't want to wait until I get home to pick up my book. I love having kindle right on my phone or tablet for easy access. I also love the huge selection of free books that they have available!
pallavi garg
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pallavi-garg.html

Post by pallavi garg »

Love it...has made reading easier...even more for availability of free books. .
tortoise keeper
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tortoise-keeper.html
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel
Reading Device: B0192AFG7A

Post by tortoise keeper »

I use the Kindle app for almost all of my reading on my Android tablet. I recently took some college courses and was able to reduce the cost of books by getting the on line versions. A friend recently told me that a "real reader" always prefers a paper copy of a book. I have to disagree. The ability to save money and space by using my tablet has allowed me to read more books than I would have otherwise.
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”