Cannot use Kindle Gift

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Thea Frederick
Currently Reading: Little Dorrit
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thea-frederick.html
Latest Review: How to Cope: Parenting a Child with Special Needs by Christine E. Staple Ebanks

Re: Cannot use Kindle Gift

Post by Thea Frederick »

gali wrote: 04 Jul 2020, 23:22
Thea Frederick wrote: 04 Jul 2020, 15:35
gali wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 12:51

It can take a couple of days until you you get an answer, and any updates will be on your History tab. :tiphat:
So it has been six days since I reported an error and nothing has happened so far. When I go to my history tab next to the book I was having issues with it just says ”not completed” but there is no update tab anywhere anymore but my ”select” tab is still there as if I can choose a new book. I'm kind of confused...😂
If it says that, and there is no Update tab, something did happen. You were removed from the review and can pick another book. :tiphat:
Sounds good, thank you!
-Thea M. Frederick
cydnas
Currently Reading: The Raven and other poems
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cydnas.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by cydnas »

I also had this issue with another book recently and was unable to solve it. Hopefully, it's simply a minor error.
Nonso Samuelson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonso-samuelson.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Nonso Samuelson »

I've been having this issue for the past two months, but it has gotten considerably worse in the past month. Over this 2-month period, I've tried to take about 10 books that were kindle gift code. Out of those 10, only about 3 were successful. The rest keep saying that my redemption can't be located or that the redemption has already been claimed. The latter reason makes me wonder then why this book is still available for selection.

Yesterday, I got these reasons on 3 occasions. Every book I took was giving me the same frustrating reason, so I just gave up. This needs to be fixed ASAP.
Arite Seki
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arite-seki.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Arite Seki »

Hello,
I have selected a book to review with a kindle gift but when I click the hyperlink "click here to claim your free book from Amazon" on the Update tab, it takes me to the Amazon site with the book for purchase. I have not received a gift card or link as yet. Could someone please assist me or clarify?
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Arite Seki wrote: 07 Feb 2021, 06:33 Hello,
I have selected a book to review with a kindle gift but when I click the hyperlink "click here to claim your free book from Amazon" on the Update tab, it takes me to the Amazon site with the book for purchase. I have not received a gift card or link as yet. Could someone please assist me or clarify?
You should report it via your Update tab. That's the only way to go about it. :tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”