Cannot use Kindle Gift

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
Drakka Reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drakka-reader.html
Latest Review: Eternal Bones by Jon State

Cannot use Kindle Gift

Post by Drakka Reader »

I'm sorry, but regarding choosing a Kindle Book Gift for a book I have decided to read, it is not downloading or even letting me get it from Amazon. It simply says that "it cannot locate my redemption" and the gift code cannot be located either.

Is there anything I can do to fix this or can I get another gift to receive the book Eden's Legions by Peter Andra?
DC Brown
Currently Reading: Sold on a Monday
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dc-brown.html
Latest Review: The Byrds of Victory by James Robert Campbell

Post by DC Brown »

I am having a similar problem. I had thought from the message I got when I reported the problem that a new book would be made available. Instead, I found this posted on my history:
not completed
Review ID #33612
Last Status Update: Apr 18th, 2020
I feel like that's probably a black mark against me, and it's the second time a book wouldn't download it just the last couple of weeks. Very discouraged. I hope someone can help.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Drakka Reader wrote: 18 Apr 2020, 14:06 I'm sorry, but regarding choosing a Kindle Book Gift for a book I have decided to read, it is not downloading or even letting me get it from Amazon. It simply says that "it cannot locate my redemption" and the gift code cannot be located either.

Is there anything I can do to fix this or can I get another gift to receive the book Eden's Legions by Peter Andra?
You should report it via your Update tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
gali

Post by gali »

DC Brown wrote: 20 Apr 2020, 11:28 I am having a similar problem. I had thought from the message I got when I reported the problem that a new book would be made available. Instead, I found this posted on my history:
not completed
Review ID #33612
Last Status Update: Apr 18th, 2020
I feel like that's probably a black mark against me, and it's the second time a book wouldn't download it just the last couple of weeks. Very discouraged. I hope someone can help.
All unfinished reviews are marked as such regardless of the reason.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Thea Frederick
Currently Reading: Little Dorrit
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thea-frederick.html
Latest Review: How to Cope: Parenting a Child with Special Needs by Christine E. Staple Ebanks

Post by Thea Frederick »

gali wrote: 20 Apr 2020, 13:18
Drakka Reader wrote: 18 Apr 2020, 14:06 I'm sorry, but regarding choosing a Kindle Book Gift for a book I have decided to read, it is not downloading or even letting me get it from Amazon. It simply says that "it cannot locate my redemption" and the gift code cannot be located either.

I go to my update tab but can’t find where to report this same problem the others are having.
-Thea M. Frederick
gali

Post by gali »

Thea Frederick wrote: 28 Jun 2020, 11:56

I go to my update tab but can’t find where to report this same problem the others are having.
You should report it via the "other error" tab if none of the other options fit.
A retired Admin/Mod

Thea Frederick
Latest Review: How to Cope: Parenting a Child with Special Needs by Christine E. Staple Ebanks

Post by Thea Frederick »

gali wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 01:01

You should report it via the "other error" tab if none of the other options fit.
When I do that it takes me to a Kindle help forum, am I supposed to explain my dilemma there?
-Thea M. Frederick
gali

Post by gali »

Thea Frederick wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 09:04

When I do that it takes me to a Kindle help forum, am I supposed to explain my dilemma there?
No. You should use one of the options on your Update tab. You should be able to report it via the other error" option. Try via another browser or device.
A retired Admin/Mod

Thea Frederick

Post by Thea Frederick »

gali wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 09:08

No. You should use one of the options on your Update tab. You should be able to report it via the other error" option. Try via another browser or device.
Okay, but before I you said to try a different browser or device I already reported it as one of the other errors that don’t really fit it’s description because I was being sent reminder emails to update my tab and those reminders were adding to my negative points for my reviewer’s score so I just had to act. So now there is no longer an update tab since I already updated it.
But even though I used a semi-wrong category I still explained the problem in the description so I donn’t know if that helps.
Sorry about this, I really don’t want to cause y’all any extra trouble, I just felt like I had to act fast.
-Thea M. Frederick
gali

Post by gali »

Thea Frederick wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 10:22

Okay, but before I you said to try a different browser or device I already reported it as one of the other errors that don’t really fit it’s description because I was being sent reminder emails to update my tab and those reminders were adding to my negative points for my reviewer’s score so I just had to act. So now there is no longer an update tab since I already updated it.
But even though I used a semi-wrong category I still explained the problem in the description so I donn’t know if that helps.
Sorry about this, I really don’t want to cause y’all any extra trouble, I just felt like I had to act fast.
As long as you reported the issue, it is ok. The people who get the report should handle it. :tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Thea Frederick

Post by Thea Frederick »

gali wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 11:54

As long as you reported the issue, it is ok. The people who get the report should handle it. :tiphat:
Okay, thank you so much! Again, sorry for the mix up!
Will they let me know when it’s sorted out or should I just pick a different book to review?
-Thea M. Frederick
gali

Post by gali »

Thea Frederick wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 12:36

Will they let me know when it’s sorted out or should I just pick a different book to review?
It can take a couple of days until you you get an answer, and any updates will be on your History tab. :tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Thea Frederick

Post by Thea Frederick »

gali wrote: 29 Jun 2020, 12:51

It can take a couple of days until you you get an answer, and any updates will be on your History tab. :tiphat:
Thank you so much!!
-Thea M. Frederick
Thea Frederick

Post by Thea Frederick »

So it has been six days since I reported an error and nothing has happened so far. When I go to my history tab next to the book I was having issues with it just says ”not completed” but there is no update tab anywhere anymore but my ”select” tab is still there as if I can choose a new book. I'm kind of confused...😂
-Thea M. Frederick
gali

Post by gali »

Thea Frederick wrote: 04 Jul 2020, 15:35

So it has been six days since I reported an error and nothing has happened so far. When I go to my history tab next to the book I was having issues with it just says ”not completed” but there is no update tab anywhere anymore but my ”select” tab is still there as if I can choose a new book. I'm kind of confused...😂
If it says that, and there is no Update tab, something did happen. You were removed from the review and can pick another book. :tiphat:
A retired Admin/Mod

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”