Kindle app syncing problems between devices

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
ButterfliBookworm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-butterflibookworm.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Kindle app syncing problems between devices

Post by ButterfliBookworm »

I didn't find a thread on this when I searched the forum, so I hope this isn't a repeat....

I was recently gifted with new-to-me Apple devices when a family member decided they wanted an excuse to upgrade.... I'm still relatively new to the Apple and Kindle communities, so it's possible I've missed an important step. As I was syncing devices and Kindle apps I discovered that not all the books from my old iPhone and iPad's Kindle app have synced onto my new Apple devices (mini, iPhone & iPad Air). Is there some kind of app I can download to get each book to become available on my new devices? Is it a Kindle setting issue? I really don't want to keep my old tech devices just to have continued access to a few individual books I want to be able to re-read. I know a few of the books were direct downloads, rather than through Amazon and even a few of the ones I downloaded from Amazon were only able to be downloaded to specific devices but weren't available to be put in the cloud (I have no idea why).

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”