Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Re: Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Post by gali »

Sunblue wrote: 23 Oct 2019, 01:57 I am having the problem with the 'The eBook has already been accepted' message popping up when I tried to redeem the Kindle Gift Code. It seems that other people in this forum have had similar problems, but I didn't see a solution. I have purchased and read other books via the Kindle Cloud Reader before, so it is not a problem of device compatibility or file type. The problem is that there is no file showing up in my Kindle account at all. I can't sync it to a device because it's not there to begin with, and to the best of my ability to find out, it's not listed as 'pending' or 'redeemed' or anything like that either.

I contacted Amazon customer support, and they said that there is no record of the file being sent to or redeemed by my account, and that I should consult with tech support on this end. None of the options in the 'I need to report and error or problem' response for the update page seem to be appropriate to the situation. 'The book is no longer available for free via Amazon' would seem to be closest.

This is my first attempt at getting a book to review, so I'm unsure what to do at this point. Is there a way to have a different gift code sent? Do I have to renege my attempt to review the book? What should I do?
You should submit an error report about it via your Update tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
AutumnBussey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-autumnbussey.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by AutumnBussey »

I had same issue yesterday. No one really helped and I just ended up buying the book off Amazon for 99cents and it popped up in my Kindle app right away.
"Always."
gali

Post by gali »

AutumnBussey wrote: 23 Oct 2019, 11:38 I had same issue yesterday. No one really helped and I just ended up buying the book off Amazon for 99cents and it popped up in my Kindle app right away.
You should have reported it via the Update tab to get help.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
AutumnBussey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-autumnbussey.html

Post by AutumnBussey »

I did. Under the update tab I selected the “No, I need to report an error” option. I left a comment with my issue. While waiting for an answer I also posted my issue under what I felt was the more appropriate forum. Meanwhile, I still received an email stating I was past the 1 hour mark to download the book, so my update status to report an error didn’t take.
"Always."
gali

Post by gali »

AutumnBussey wrote: 23 Oct 2019, 19:35 I did. Under the update tab I selected the “No, I need to report an error” option. I left a comment with my issue. While waiting for an answer I also posted my issue under what I felt was the more appropriate forum. Meanwhile, I still received an email stating I was past the 1 hour mark to download the book, so my update status to report an error didn’t take.
The appropriate forum was the Update tab, not this one. Submitting the report reset the clock if you ask it before the deadline:
An error report submitting through Update tab counts as a status update and will automatically extend the deadline for the next update by at least one week.
You should check your spam folders to see if you got an answer.
A retired Admin/Mod

Sunblue
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sunblue »

gali wrote: 23 Oct 2019, 13:30 You should have reported it via the Update tab to get help.
That was what I was trying to do, but as I mentioned in my original post, I didn’t see an appropriate option in the Update tab to report this error. Should I have chosen ‘This book is no longer free on Amazon’? That is factually true, but I thought the point of receiving a gift code was so that we could get the book even if it wasn’t free. One of the options was to go ask about it on a forum, and that link directed me here. I didn’t see a further ‘No, I need to report an error’ option (as AutumnBussey did) within the options presented to me when I clicked on the ‘No, I need to report an error’ button in the update tab. Sorry if I’m explaining this in a confusing manner, but the update tab seems to have vanished on me in the meanwhile, and so I’m now relying on memory.
In short, how do I report it via the Update tab in order to get help?
gali

Post by gali »

Sunblue wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 13:24
gali wrote: 23 Oct 2019, 13:30 You should have reported it via the Update tab to get help.
That was what I was trying to do, but as I mentioned in my original post, I didn’t see an appropriate option in the Update tab to report this error. Should I have chosen ‘This book is no longer free on Amazon’? That is factually true, but I thought the point of receiving a gift code was so that we could get the book even if it wasn’t free. One of the options was to go ask about it on a forum, and that link directed me here. I didn’t see a further ‘No, I need to report an error’ option (as AutumnBussey did) within the options presented to me when I clicked on the ‘No, I need to report an error’ button in the update tab. Sorry if I’m explaining this in a confusing manner, but the update tab seems to have vanished on me in the meanwhile, and so I’m now relying on memory.
In short, how do I report it via the Update tab in order to get help?
Issues such as yours are handled via the RT page.

It depends on what other options you got. The Update tab should be on your Review Team Page. If you don't have an Update tab, you are no longer reviewing the book.
A retired Admin/Mod

slj3988
Currently Reading: Lord of the rings
Bookshelf Size: 180
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slj3988.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by slj3988 »

.mobi file isn't downloading. Installed an app that is compatible but the download just fails
gali

Post by gali »

slj3988 wrote: 25 Dec 2019, 05:14 .mobi file isn't downloading. Installed an app that is compatible but the download just fails
You should download and save it first on your PC, and then move it to your device. Also, try another browser. If it still doesn't download, you should report it via your Update tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

slj3988
Currently Reading: Lord of the rings
Bookshelf Size: 180
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slj3988.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by slj3988 »

gali wrote: 25 Dec 2019, 07:58
slj3988 wrote: 25 Dec 2019, 05:14 .mobi file isn't downloading. Installed an app that is compatible but the download just fails
You should download and save it first on your PC, and then move it to your device. Also, try another browser. If it still doesn't download, you should report it via your Update tab.
Thanks. I managed to download it on a pc. I'll try to convert it to a pdf
TCarr38
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by TCarr38 »

Option 1 and 2
Error message: this file can't be opened
Android, smartphone
I have been able to download and read files before
Can I get a pdf option next time....that never fails on my phone.
Thanks
gali

Post by gali »

TCarr38 wrote: 31 Dec 2019, 10:30 Option 1 and 2
Error message: this file can't be opened
Android, smartphone
I have been able to download and read files before
Can I get a pdf option next time....that never fails on my phone.
Thanks
What is the format?

You can only choose the formats available on the Select Tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

HeatherEi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatherei.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by HeatherEi »

Hi, I am having trouble getting the free copy of a book to review. When I click on the link to download the book from Amazon, it says "we are having trouble locating your redemption" then when I try to manually enter the code in Amazon, it says "We could not find the gift you entered." The code I entered is "GBFX5R2LZPIHDEQ".https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/kindl ... R2LZPIHDEQ
gali

Post by gali »

HeatherEi wrote: 07 Jan 2020, 21:06 Hi, I am having trouble getting the free copy of a book to review. When I click on the link to download the book from Amazon, it says "we are having trouble locating your redemption" then when I try to manually enter the code in Amazon, it says "We could not find the gift you entered." The code I entered is "GBFX5R2LZPIHDEQ".https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/kindl ... R2LZPIHDEQ
You should report it via your Update tab, not here.
A retired Admin/Mod

zagabi
Favorite Book: Killing Abel
Currently Reading: Identity Casualties
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zagabi.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
Reading Device: B07PQ96B6B

Post by zagabi »

I think i have a serious problem with Amazon, i can download any book place on that platform be it kindle or kindle unlimited. thou i successful download kindle app on computer, but i still have problem using it with Amazon. Please i need help.

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”