What was your favourite quote

Use this forum to discuss the December 2022 Book of the Month, "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill
Forum rules
Only people who purchase and read the book can post in this forum. If you purchased the book, please upload a copy of your receipt or other proof of purchase at:

https://onlinebookclub.org/verify-purch ... ook=523945

If your purchase of a previous Book of the Month was already marked verified, you will already have access to this forum.
MsChet Cherry
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mschet-cherry.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Re: What was your favourite quote

Post by MsChet Cherry »

One of my favourite quotes was, "we write the script, but you willingly spoke the lines."
This was during the discussion between Kim and the Director after she found out about the AIs' dark secrets and how they use their subjects to achieve their mission.
It had me thinking real hard about how we sometimes find ourselves in a precarious situation because of our ambitious nature.
Abdul-Malik Hassan
Favorite Author: Linnea Tanner
Currently Reading: How to jumpstart your faith in 21 days!
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abdul-malik-hassan.html
Latest Review: “Wisdom Of The Men” by Clint Arthur
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 79732

Post by Abdul-Malik Hassan »

I saw a quote that caught my interest the most earlier on in this book, “Unity! Community! Equality! All are One when One is All!”. It's inspirational to some extent.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

My favorite quotation was, "She had lost everything except the freedom to think for herself and a tiny sliver of hope. That was all she had left, so it would have to be enough."
I had to copy and paste on my notes.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Ms Chet wrote: 13 Feb 2023, 03:38 One of my favourite quotes was, "we write the script, but you willingly spoke the lines."
This was during the discussion between Kim and the Director after she found out about the AIs' dark secrets and how they use their subjects to achieve their mission.
It had me thinking real hard about how we sometimes find ourselves in a precarious situation because of our ambitious nature.
This is so true. I had not paid much attention to it, but it makes more sense now.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Bavithra karthikeyan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bavithra-karthikeyan.html
Latest Review: This Affects Me How? by M.K. Corbin

Post by Bavithra karthikeyan »

We think and therefore we are.
This stands out to be my favorite quote from the book. It shows human individuality and the difference from being under AI control and being humane. What we think is what we can make of ourselves.
Between the pages of a book is the loveliest place to be :techie-studyingbrown: :D
Carly Sprout
Currently Reading: Outlander
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carly-rose.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Carly Sprout »

Abby-Young wrote: 13 Jan 2023, 23:18 My favorite quote, "The world was so vast, so wonderful, yet strange and alien. Rugged and unkept, it was completely unlike the cities and the manicured parks that Kim was used to. Hour after hour she sat, mesmerized." I love it because it shows a world outside of the AI's control. I escape the hustle and bustle of our daily lives by going on a hike with my Grandpa. Kim got to experience untouched nature for the first time.
That really was a beautiful moment. I Wish I remembered it. It seems so peaceful, and necessary considering the traumas Kim experiences throughout the book.

Return to “Discuss "Terms of Service: Subject to change without notice" by Craig W. Stanfill”