Drafting Kids for War

Use this forum to discuss the August 2022 Book of the Month, "Wild World", by Peter S. Rush
Agbugba Chinedu Leslie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbugba-chinedu-leslie.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Re: Drafting Kids for War

Post by Agbugba Chinedu Leslie »

Ruthwriter wrote: 03 Aug 2022, 07:50 I think this is an erroneous decision. kids are meant to be developing until they gained a sense of self-awareness. drafting them into war is a suicide mission. if I have the power, I will see it as a responsibility to end it.
This should be the last thing on any government's mind. No matter the situation, it is plain evil to draft kids for war
Chinasa Deborah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinasa-deborah.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Chinasa Deborah »

Children shouldn't be drafted into the military. If I have the ability to do so, I'll put that notion in jeopardy. In essence, sending children into battle is sending them to die. That's a bad choice, in my opinion. It is inappropriate to behave in this manner in a culture that values decency. Children should be able to grow up in a healthy environment.
Amanda simmon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-simmon.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Amanda simmon »

Drafting kids to war is nothing less of suicidal because you’re creating weapons from people who aren’t old enough to make their own decisions and putting them in an environment where all they know is violence and fear
Chris Alex Powell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-alex-powell.html
Latest Review: Ten Assholes and a Curmudgeon by Bruce Workman

Post by Chris Alex Powell »

Ignoring the physical struggles that individuals drafted for war go through, I have seen cases and read cases where surviving individuals suffer trauma as a result of their experiences during the war.
MahimaS
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by MahimaS »

I think that it is absolutely horrifying to draft kids for war. That would strip all their innocence, and is that what we want our next generation to look like?
Peace Ella 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Peace Ella 1 »

If nothing is done in situations like this, the war will still reach them. War is dangerous, and governments try to hide their presence since they understand that their citizens won't be able to voice any complaints.
The biggest issue is allowing a war to occur. That is what I would strive to prevent if I had the authority.
Uyo ojo Grace
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uyo-ojo-grace.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Uyo ojo Grace »

I'd call it quits. Although hiring the assistance of the military forces of neighboring would be an alternative, it is a desperate attempt to protect the country.
Michaeleedsy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeleedsy.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Michaeleedsy »

Ther are different occasions when the government have had to go against their status who, and I do not think it is right for the government to draft kids into war. I am yet to understand the government perspective of drafting kids for war.
Mayang Bature
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Hot Potato by Marty Katz

Post by Mayang Bature »

I don't think kids fighting wars even has any impact. They either get killed or run away at the slightest chance. There has been no stories of heroic kids in war ever. In my opinion, it does more harm than good
Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonobe-chioma-chukwuma.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma »

To me, it's completely irresponsible and wrong for any government to recruit children for military service. So, if I had the ability, I wouldn't think twice about putting an end to this threat right now, wherever it may be occurring in the world.
Chandelier Eden
Currently Reading: Adam
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chandelier-eden.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Chandelier Eden »

I believe drafting kids for war is so wrong. If I had the power, I will end this. Kids are meant to enjoy their childhood, be like free birds not bothering with things they know nothing about and even dying on the way.
Ogunkoya Mayowa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogunkoya-mayowa.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Ogunkoya Mayowa »

If I have the power, I will stop that. Kids are not meant to be drafted for war, they are supposed to be taught how to increase peace in the community. Drafting kids for war doesn't stop a war but rather increases it.
Uriel David
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uriel-david.html

Post by Uriel David »

Drafting kids into the army is outright wrong because they are the future and should be protected. But desperate times call for desperate measures, and wartimes are desperate indeed. So, if I had the power I'll remove wars as a means and instead adopt diplomacy in dealing with quarrels.
Ohna Martin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohna-martin.html
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ohna Martin »

I would end it. I do believe that there should be a reasonable age for people to go to war and it should be voluntary. Then also if the government starts a war maybe we should go make them fight it.
Proof Readar
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-proof-readar.html

Post by Proof Readar »

I am against the opinion of the government drafting teenagers and kids into a war. It is not just finding hands to fight wars, but it's about getting emotionally, intellectually, and physically matured human resources. These types of human resources are not found among kids.

Return to “Discuss "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush”