Student fragility and the Government sovereignty.

Use this forum to discuss the August 2022 Book of the Month, "Wild World", by Peter S. Rush
Eze Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eze-michael.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark - Knights of the Trinity by J.B. Lion

Re: Student fragility and the Government sovereignty.

Post by Eze Michael »

I totally agree with you. It is true that students are mostly affected by the actions of the government whether it's good or bad. The killing of students is a sad thing that has happened over and over again.
Pauls_
Currently Reading: A Dagger In The Heart
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul.html
Latest Review: Recognizing Beauty by Cyndi Burrough

Post by Pauls_ »

I quite agree with the fact that student is at the receiving end of any governmental lapse. Now, this is the flaw of the third-world countries mostly. There hasn't law of policy for the protection and safety of this defense less ones. As reflected in this book, students should have representatives in governments whose opinions are strongly held.
Pauls_
Currently Reading: A Dagger In The Heart
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul.html
Latest Review: Recognizing Beauty by Cyndi Burrough

Post by Pauls_ »

Most times, this nonchalant attitude from governmental bodies results from the notion that being a student is a favour being done to the student and not the government. Students contribute 70% of research and mental development. I hope Wild World goes viral, as it has an important content in this regard.
June Moon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-june-moon.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books A Second Kiss Goodnight (A Bedtime Story) by Steve William Laible

Post by June Moon »

It's very horrifying to have students meeting the fate they do due to government decisions. They are seen as nothing and just as some pawn having no worth that's just present there to be used for the larger win. It's a very horrible truth and I highly hope someone being more considerate about it.
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Post by Shillah Andeso »

I agree that students are on the negative receiving ends of governments actions. It may not always be violent but also in many other ways including changing of their syllabus and even closing down of schools.
mercasa
Currently Reading: Chameleons
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odek.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark - Knights of the Trinity by J.B. Lion

Post by mercasa »

With students being the future of the nation, the actions of the government partake in affect them more than other people. Strikes, economical issues and other aspects affect students due to government choices.
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Lost in Plan Sight by Karen Magee

Post by Laney K »

I think that students are always impacted by government decisions. Youth in general are impacted greatly by decisions made in government because they have the longest to live with those decisions.
Cwaganagwa Dorothy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cwaganagwa-dorothy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cwaganagwa Dorothy »

Of course, that is true. Imagine your still young, and life is just beginning, and it stops or pauses. There is always regret, anger, devastation. I do not like it when those become part of my life.
Valeria Rotaru
Currently Reading: Of Human Bondage
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-rotaru.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valeria Rotaru »

I agree with your statement. Student are always the scapegoats of the system. This book really does an amazing job about giving students a voice so that they could manifest their wishes to. Maybe government leaders should give this book a try too
Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Of All Faiths & None
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fredrick-felix-mnjala-maneno.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno »

Government can be high-handed when it comes to dealing with students. It's a shame that students need to be killed just so that government can make a point.
Jennifer Coxon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Lost Secret of the Ancient Ones by Chris Reynolds

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

I only partially agree with the statement. Yes, students are on the end of government decisions, but only to the same extent that we all are. As a student, I had a vote in elections the same as I do now as an adult. However, that doesn’t mean I have a say in what government decisions are being done to the country right now.
Further, I feel the other posts in this thread are confusing students with protestors. While a lot of protestors can be students, not all students are protestors. The incidents around these killings are not to do with the fact that they are students, nor what they are saying against the government. It is the fear that these protests will get out of hand and that damage will be done that leads to the police or national guard being wary of what might happen. On the other side, the presence of the police or national guard then puts the protestors on edge. It’s a tinder box ready for a flame; just one perceived wrong move from either side and the whole thing goes up in chaos.
Protesting is a choice. It may not seem like you have any other way to get your point of view across but in most cases there are other ways, even if they take longer - just look at Steve’s choice to join the police to make a difference.
Ogunkoya Mayowa
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogunkoya-mayowa.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Ogunkoya Mayowa »

Students are mostly affected by the decision made by the government. One example is the strike case, which affects students by increasing the number of years it takes them to graduate. The highest number of people that protest nowadays were students, when the killing of the protesters occurred, students were greatly affected.
Avishi
Currently Reading: all body bags and no knickers
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishi.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Reading Device: Pdf

Post by Avishi »

Yes, it is unfortunate that any decision the government makes has a significant impact on the students' future and present. Students are the generations to come. The novel depicted the circumstances that most students face amid conflicts and violence in a realistic setting.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Samson Friday
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samson-friday.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Samson Friday »

Definitely. Students always suffer whenever these things happen. I agree with you.
Finn Justin Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-finn-justin-charles.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Finn Justin Charles »

I think you are right. Schools suffer when the government decides to be irresponsible. If schools suffer, then students suffer too.

Return to “Discuss "Wild World" by Peter S. Rush”