Navigating Employment with the use of this book

Use this forum to discuss the July 2022 Book of the Month, "Reconfigurement", by E. Alan Fleischauer
makayla makhumalo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-makayla-makhumalo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Navigating Employment with the use of this book

Post by makayla makhumalo »

As a student the most daunting questions have always been:
where do we go after this ?
how do we navigate all of this?
What do i aspire to be ?
Is any of this going to make me happy?
With my background working has never been about happiness , joy in the workplace was not a realistic goal. Working and figuring out what to do with ones career was meant to be a meaningless and painful transaction one had to take part in to keep afloat, having a self employed father and a mother who did her uttermost best to make ends meet some how made things incredibly worse as income had to be something one had to sacrifice absolutely everything for even fundamental things like spending time with family .So with that my dad never spent much time at home nor did my mom ,which lead to misery , neglection and daddy issues .
honestly everything that could have gone wrong went wrong and knowing that one day i would have to be employed and financially stable enough to not only take care of myself but take care of other people as well became this increasingly overwhelming thing .The thought loomed over me for the rest of my life and so i spent most of my time wondering how i would break free from this toxic cycle my parents and previous generations had put us in by not adequately educating themselves and their children on the matters this book tackles .I am glad to have found this book and the newly found sense of direction that came with it.
F N Chamomile
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 583
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-f-n-chamomile.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by F N Chamomile »

I'm glad this book helps you with your current issues. In my case, it's more about pressure, especially from my parents. There is always this haunting thought that I have to meet their expectations and achieve something greater than my siblings. I think this book can help people figure out what actually matters to them, rather than focusing on external standard.
Destiny Freedom
Favorite Book: The Most Unlikely Champion
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-aaton.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Destiny Freedom »

Yeah, it's true.
In opinion this book is not for adults who are 30 and above as the author said because this book can help the younger generation to avoid mistakes made by our predecessors. One can easily navigate employments by employing the information provided by the author in this book and make outstanding decisions when it comes to their jobs. And jobs don't have to be energy absolving, thereby leaving us empty but rather we get to enjoy our jobs.
Many books can inform you but there's only one that can transform you(The Holy Bible). Pls don't forget to drop a comment for this review. Thanks. :D :tiphat:
Jumana_Fawmi
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jumana-fawmi_3406691.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Jumana_Fawmi »

I agree with you that this book provides a new sense and a navigation to make better choices regarding employment, planning and retirement. I think the book will be helpful to me as well with planning for further of my career choices.
CrossK
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossk.html
Latest Review: Re-Making the American Dream by David Vaught

Post by CrossK »

Indeed I must admit that this book has helped me deal with the pressures and anxiety that come with thinking about future income and employment. The various pieces of advice and directions contained in this book have helped to put my mind at ease and give me a renewed sense of direction.
itsme_shahi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itsme-shahi.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by itsme_shahi »

Every book has something inspiring about it. This book helps it's readers to gain encouragement in the field of employment as well as provide newer perspectives about life in general.
Siphesihle Prince
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-siphesihle-prince.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Siphesihle Prince »

Firstly I'd like to say that I'm sorry you were dealt such a bad hand by life. Actually, your circumstance is much more common than you might think, especially in third-world countries like where I'm from. People here live day to day, even the individuals that work a decent job live pay check to paycheck, where their bank accounts are completely empty from spending when awaiting the next income to roll along.

I also wish such teachings as this book were more wide spread, but thankfully, this electronic, digital age that we live in has made knowledge such as this much easier to reach. It's my belief(and hope) that perhaps ours is the generation(I'm 21) to end the cycle of not preserving assets for the futures.
Yasmine M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Yasmine M »

I am glad I found this book before retiring; however I wish I had found it sooner, when I was younger.
Indeed the lessons in this book should be taught to youngsters at the beginning of their careers. They should navigate employment and pick their careers carefully, keeping in mind that the actual system (pension, 401k) might not fully support them financially later on.
Favi001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favi001.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Favi001 »

Making money for me has always been a matter of necessity. My mum gave me adequate education on money matters from a young age. Still, finding a career path is a struggle for me. I hope to read the book soon for some guidance.
lawisimportant23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawisimportant23.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by lawisimportant23 »

Getting out of school, I did not know much about employment. I was mostly driven by fear. After reading this boo, I now have a different perspective all together on the matter.
Ay Obaj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ay-obaj.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ay Obaj »

I completely relate with this... as a student, I've always had similar thoughts about how to go about life and navigate the employment sphere. This book is a rare gem that every teenager should read, so as to be able to move In the right path
Kings1999
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kings1999.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Kings1999 »

This will definitely go a long way in helping youths that are transitioning into adulthood confused about choices and decisions. I learned a lot from from it and I now know the choices I have to make regarding employment.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

The pressure that comes with the uncertainty about employment after school is real. I am one individual that still faces that pressure. With the increasing percentage of unemployed youths, one begins to wonder if there is hope. So glad this book treats this topic. Would love to read it to get all the help I can.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:

Yasmine M wrote: 18 Jul 2022, 05:24 I am glad I found this book before retiring; however I wish I had found it sooner, when I was younger.
Indeed the lessons in this book should be taught to youngsters at the beginning of their careers. They should navigate employment and pick their careers carefully, keeping in mind that the actual system (pension, 401k) might not fully support them financially later on.
I always thought that pension was enough for retired persons to enjoy their old age for the rest of their lives. Now I see that the mindset is flawed. I’m definitely reading this book to get educated.
Victoria Ukamaka
Currently Reading:

itsme_shahi wrote: 17 Jul 2022, 12:45 Every book has something inspiring about it. This book helps it's readers to gain encouragement in the field of employment as well as provide newer perspectives about life in general.
These are things every young person is worried about. Books like this are valuable.

Return to “Discuss "Reconfigurement" by E. Alan Fleischauer”