Nook vs. Kindle

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Snoots
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Nook vs. Kindle

Post by Snoots »

I was gifted a Nook. I prefer trusted footsteps of a local library occupied by knowledgeable librarians. I didn't like this intrusion and sniffed it like dogs milliseconds prior to a conflict. I settled on a few trials. I uploaded a few pictures and they spread out over the screen with surprisingly deep colors and detail. For $.99 I uploaded Smith's 'Child 44' and it was one of my best reads of the year (fascinating in that Smith's Soviet 1984 themes visited me electronically on a hard assed black and white screen as my first read). The Nook battery charges slowly but last like three nights worth of reading. Similar to my dog putting her ass down and scrubbing the tile in protest to being dragged into the vet's back room for 'further tests' I was a reluctant reader. But I have to say the Nook is good on my eyes and passed my tests. Definitely turn the Wifi off to save battery. "Welcome to our new world snoots." I might be ok with this nook of the reading world.
tigara_electronica

Post by tigara_electronica »

I own both. But i prefer the kindle.
goldengate
Favorite Author: Truman Capote
Favorite Book: Music for Chameleons
Currently Reading: Tipping the Velvet -The Sixth Extinction
Reading Device: B01M6YJEAH
fav_author_id: 2834

Post by goldengate »

I only have the NOOK so can't really compare the two. I will say I wish I had opted for the color Nook (I have the regular black and white version). The battery life for a Nook is actually quite long as long as the WI-Fi is turned off. I have forgotten to do this a couple of times and paid for it with having to recharge in the middle of some exciting part of a book - when I really wanted to keep reading. Of course, I always want to keep reading... I wish the Nook handled storing books a bit differently (perhaps I am not using it correctly) but I cannot find a way to file those books I have already read off of the list of to-be-read books. It is fabulous to carry around with you - like a visit to the doctor, for example.
"I have always imagined Paradise to be a sort of Library." Jorge Louis Borges
Garathnormanmtts

Post by Garathnormanmtts »

I already have nook but i like kindle
[*]Drupal web design, Drupal web development, Drupal web Design Company, Drupal web Development Company
raymcwilliams

Post by raymcwilliams »

I have only nook it s so better and I don't know about kindle.
mking625
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mking625.html

Post by mking625 »

I got my Nook Tablet my sophomore year of college. While I still use it often and suppose still have an attachment to it, I've getting the feeling that I might be better off with a Kindle. A friend of mine has one and it seems like there's much more that you can do with it than a Nook (especially with being able to read free ebooks).

So, which is better?
vidurgupta01
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidurgupta01.html

Post by vidurgupta01 »

i like kindle paperwhite better.

it feels different than a nook or any other tablet
diggks58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diggks58.html

Post by diggks58 »

I really like the Kindle. Is there a difference with the paperwhite? How much of a difference does it make?
mackg2012

Post by mackg2012 »

I just bought my second kindle (upgraded) a few months ago, so definitely Kindle all the way
booklvr62
Favorite Author: Richard Preston many
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Dandelion Wine</a>
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by booklvr62 »

I believe you can get waaaaaay more Freebies for the Kindle than for the NooK.
iColor With Crayons
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-icolor-with-crayons.html

Post by iColor With Crayons »

Kindle, definitely
babuckholt
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-babuckholt.html

Post by babuckholt »

I really like my Kindle paperwhite. It doesn't have that "electronic typeface feel" to it. You feel like you are reading a book/newspaper. I highly suggest Kindle.
mellybean
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellybean.html

Post by mellybean »

I use the kindle app on my Galaxy Note 10.1. I tried the others and the Kindle app was just easier to use as far as getting books and looking through everything. I can only imagine what an actual kindle is like. I dream.
logan930

Post by logan930 »

Kindle
raindropwriter
Favorite Author: Sophie Kinsella
Favorite Book: Twenties Girl
Currently Reading: Strugling for Justice
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raindropwriter.html
Latest Review: "A Happy Accident" by Evan Tyler
fav_author_id: 2960

Post by raindropwriter »

I'm going to buy a kindle paperwhite (or whichever the latest would be) next with my savings. It is going to take me a long long time to save that much though. :(
Latest Review: "A Happy Accident" by Evan Tyler

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”