Device vs. Gizmo

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
patrickt
Bookshelf Size: 0

Device vs. Gizmo

Post by patrickt »

When I decided to get an ereader I'd never seen one and knew I probably wouldn't until I bought one. I live in Oaxaca, Mexico, and at the time I'd never seen an ereader. I read in English and was tired of reading what I could find rather than what I wanted to read.

So, assuming all devices function, I looked at sources of books. At that time, 2008, Amazon was by far the leader in having books available I wanted to read. They were also generally reasonably priced. So, I got a Kindle. Nine-years have passed and I've moved up to a Paperwhite, with a brief visit with a Voyage, which I hated, and an Oasis 2, which didn't suit me either. But the availability of books is still outstanding.

Personally, I wish Amazon would get out of the device business and stay in the ebook business by publishing books that can be read on any device. I doubt that will happen though.

I also love reading. I do not love spending time on the computer with Calibre or other programs just so I can read.

What is your priority?
readsbyarun
Favorite Book: Wilderness Cry
Currently Reading: Spirituality in the 21st Century
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readsbyarun.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by readsbyarun »

I would always go for the e-books. The physical books are always my companion and this is a new one added into my interest.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”