Do you think there are good books on Wattpad?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
marj_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marj.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Do you think there are good books on Wattpad?

Post by marj_ »

I personally like Wattpad, but it's just so hard to find good books there. There are good books, but the problem is that they aren't finished, and sometimes, the author just stops updating them. It's kind of frustrating actually, nevertheless, I still read on Wattpad from time to time or basically when authors update the books I'm currently reading.The Lonely King, Cosmos, and The Rebel Prince are examples. :lol:
Luckyice
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Luckyice »

Tell me about it there are stories that a reallylove two year later they're still not updated ;-; makes me sad
Tzara Drusak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tzara-drusak.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Tzara Drusak »

I was a Wattpad junkie. I loved the newness of it, the energy, the ability for young, aspiring writers and book-lovers to broadcast their talents and enjoy reading. I understand though, all too well, what you're saying. All the characters seem to phase into one, or really good authors have migrated to a different site and removed the extremely well-written books (I understand where they're coming from, but still) or the seeming impossibility of finding a wonderful, complete and grammatically correct book.

I barely go on it now and the only reason I still visit the site is for the Storm and Silence series by Rob Thier. Some all time favourites, and some of the first stories I read on that website were the books by KanyeInterruptedMe.
And in the end, we were all just humans... Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness.

-F. Scott Fitzgerald-
Rumbly
Favorite Book: Warlock of the Magus World Series
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by Rumbly »

Yes, I think there are some good novels, but it depends on your preferences.

When Wattpad first came out when I was a teen, I remember reading some stories I liked, but yeah they never were finished, and then I really strayed far from Wattpad once it got flooded with 1Direction and Bieber fanfics. >.<"

I only recently came back to visit Wattpad after finding out some Chinese novels listed on NovelUpdates are being translated into English on there, like virtual mmorpg novels Waiting For You Online and Just One Smile is Very Alluring.
rave_2
Currently Reading: A Word so Fitly Spoken
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rave-2.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by rave_2 »

I've been on that site before, and there are very few good stories on there. It's mostly filled with silly fanfiction about boy bands and stuff.
Just reading... :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyinggray:
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
Ellie23

Post by Ellie23 »

Yes there was so many good books in wattpad. Yes there some good but there not that good too. Most of Wattpad genre is more convinient to teenagers.
-brintontaylor
Currently Reading: Pretty Little Liars
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brintontaylor.html
Latest Review: Toxic Side Effect by Sandy Magner

Post by -brintontaylor »

I love Wattpad but lately it seems the only thing that is on there is fan fiction. Every other book you come across is fan fiction now! There is not much variety.

I've never actually finished a book on Wattpad either, mostly because ones I've started either got abandoned or deleted by the author :cry:
dreuux

Post by dreuux »

Yes, I think that there are still a lot of good books to read on wattpad, even though some writers stop updating their stories for some reason .
Morgan Jones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-jones.html
Latest Review: Fate Won't Compromise by Catherine Blakely

Post by Morgan Jones »

Definitely! Though it's a rarety nowadays. Many great authors left the site to start their own careers, while others got busy with life. So, about 85% of the books now are not as good sadly.
"Reading is a conversation. All books talk. But a good book listens as well." - Mark Haddon
Riszell
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 1041
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riszell.html
Latest Review: Chancing Hope by Lisa Slater

Post by Riszell »

Indeed! I read and enjoyed a lot of stories from Wattpad. I even reread some of them. In fact, my current read as of the moment is a story from Wattpad.
:)
Nanig83006
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nanig83006.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by Nanig83006 »

There are definitely good books on Wattpad! My heartache is when they're unfinished. It's a bit of a turn off. I've found quite a few great reads and even have some friends who've published their stories on there. I hope you find something on there you enjoy!
xanne26

Post by xanne26 »

There are a lot of great books in Wattpad. It holds a lot of different genre depending on the reader’s taste. Although a lot of the authors on Wattpad are still novice, they actually put a lot of creativity on the story plot which makes it more interesting and addictive. However, there are great stories on wattpad that are still on “to be continued” mode for almost a month or so which leaves the reader disappointments especially when the story is already at its peak. There are also stories that has a very strong beginning but is not consistent when it comes near the end of the story.
zoharis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 198

Post by zoharis »

I used to use Wattpad but not anymore. I guess there's still a few good books there.
TaaraLynn
Currently Reading: To Selena, With Love
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taaralynn.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by TaaraLynn »

Morgan Jones wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 15:17 Definitely! Though it's a rarety nowadays. Many great authors left the site to start their own careers, while others got busy with life. So, about 85% of the books now are not as good sadly.
Yes, the last time I went on there I couldn't find much. And sometimes when I'm searching a story, a few rows down, there will be Wattpad suggesions...and just the way the summaries are written are a no. Sometimes, I would click on them, and I would be dissapointed. So, right now I don't even try.
"Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset." - Ponyboy Curtis, The Outsiders
garima597
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-garima597.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by garima597 »

Yes, there are many good books on wattpad. Actually, I had first started reading on wattpad only. Some of the great books on wattpad are F.A.I.T.H, Storm and Silence, pause, TGGBB, pen pals, we met again, never ever and many more. There is a good collection of books on wattpad. Some of them has already published.
G@RIMA :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”