What do you love about your library?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Irishmom
Currently Reading: Heartaches 3
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-irishmom.html
Latest Review: The Lost Identity Casualties by Kim Ekemar

What do you love about your library?

Post by Irishmom »

I do like my ereader for having a lighted book to read at night and not bother my husband, for the ease in getting new books, and for the convenience of carrying it with me. But I long for the library! There is something about it. I wish I had more time in my life for time at the library.

What is your favorite library and why do you like it? Tell your fellow booklovers about it! Time to brag on libraries!
frank+club
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by frank+club »

My favorite library is Reference unit, and as a Student of Library and Information science, I Long for a cataloguer and an indexer.
seymmarc
Currently Reading: The Nun
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seymmarc.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by seymmarc »

My library is a great resource for reading material because with my membership I am able to bring books in from any library in the province. This includes ebooks and audiobooks that I'm able to get from multiple online libraries. So, I can pretty much get access to any book that I want to read!
EllieA
Currently Reading: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elliea.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by EllieA »

I love the feeling of being in a library. Maybe it harkens back to childhood in some way, and going in to the library then, but I love the smell, the ambiance, and the sheer magic of so much story and information just at my fingertips.
Irishmom

Post by Irishmom »

EllieA wrote: 24 Mar 2018, 21:21 I love the feeling of being in a library. Maybe it harkens back to childhood in some way, and going in to the library then, but I love the smell, the ambiance, and the sheer magic of so much story and information just at my fingertips.
Yes! Our downtown library in Indianapolis had a big renovation a few years ago. There is a new addition, really cool, with a coffee shop and modern design. They did keep the old, 100+-year-old section, and I love to sit in the reading rooms there, with high ceilings and wood and marble. My 10-year-old said, "This is what I library is supposed to feel like." I think he's right!
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. "~Groucho Marx
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 773
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

Irishmom wrote: 18 Mar 2018, 19:25 I do like my ereader for having a lighted book to read at night and not bother my husband, for the ease in getting new books, and for the convenience of carrying it with me. But I long for the library! There is something about it. I wish I had more time in my life for time at the library.

What is your favorite library and why do you like it? Tell your fellow booklovers about it! Time to brag on libraries!
Oh, how I relate and love my community Elizabeth Public Library and wouldn't trade it for anything! It's the best hub in the city, beyond books and computers.
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
Irishmom

Post by Irishmom »

Awesome to here. Libraries need the good word spread and our continued support!
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. "~Groucho Marx
Amanda Nixon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-nixon.html
Latest Review: Saving Grace by Kathryn Garten

Post by Amanda Nixon »

What I love about libraries in general is that they are a maze of books and you can always find a good hidden spot to just sit down with a book and read away from reality.
rave_2
Currently Reading: A Word so Fitly Spoken
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rave-2.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by rave_2 »

My favorite library not only has books and computers, but a nice view of the lake. :)
Just reading... :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyinggray:
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
sbcollins
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by sbcollins »

I like the general establishment of the library. They run programs to keep kids and adults busy while enjoying themselves and picking up a new skill, or even to keep kids off the street. They have computers people can use if they cant afford their own. They publicize knowledge! Nothing is off limits!
And maybe a little more relevant to me...they have free audiobooks.
Amanda Nixon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-nixon.html
Latest Review: Saving Grace by Kathryn Garten

Post by Amanda Nixon »

I love that there is this awesome little corner hidden away from everything and everybody and I can just go sit there with a book. It's the perfect spot and I'm rarely bothered by anyone in it
apwaldrop
Currently Reading: The Diary of a snoopy cat
Bookshelf Size: 50

Post by apwaldrop »

I love the size of my local library. I feel like Belle from Beauty and the Beast when she walks into the library in the Beast's castle. It is just an exciting and monumentally beautiful experience and I always find some amazing books.
Jillpillbooknerd
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 1908
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jillpillbooknerd.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Jillpillbooknerd »

My favorite library is the downtown Orlando library. I lived there for about 16 years and used to go down there with my mom all the time. It's 7 stories in total, four regular floors, and three basements. It is just an amazing library and I wish I could still go there now but unfortunately, I live about 6 hours away now.
chipmunck
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chipmunck.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by chipmunck »

I have a great library system. I can go and read a magazine or browse books, but one of the features that has been really great is being able to download from the library all the books I want to read. They also let you suggest books that usually they buy within a month of me requesting it. I request so many books that I can now only request once a week. We get a lot of newsletters and ways to read from my library.
BookishCoffeeBlog
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishcoffeeblog.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by BookishCoffeeBlog »

My favorite part of my library is the large young adult sections, which is my favorite types of books to read. I love going and sitting in that corner of the library for hours, discovering new reads. I also love that my library now uses apps like Hoopla and Libby to allow their members to find audiobooks and ebooks.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”