Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 11 Mar 2019, 22:06
- 2019 Reading Goal: 40
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 22
- Favorite Book: The War of the Worlds
- Currently Reading: Relic
- Bookshelf Size: 34
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topaazul062.html
- Latest Review: The Wall by Some Guy
At least once a week my mom would take me and my older siblings to the library to get books; especially during the summer for the reading challenges. When my sister started driving she introduced us to the Main Library branch located downtown. The second floor was my favorite as it had lots of creativity books.
The most frequented branch, especially now, is Otranto Regional. We try to go at least once a week and we go so much the librarians greet us by name. There was a new addition where we can now check out ebooks either through hoopla or OverDrive (favorite).
I still get books and am occasionally greeted by past teachers. Looking forward to their second -Con event this summer.
- Previous Member of the Month
- Posts: 485
- Joined: 05 Apr 2018, 11:29
- 2019 Reading Goal: 60
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 28
- 2018 Reading Goal: 60
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 93
- Favorite Book: Scattered Leaves
- Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
- Bookshelf Size: 270
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tiny-turtle.html
- Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
- Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
I have been to many different styles of libraries. The new modern and brightly colored ones are okay, but I love old libraries the best. The ones with the old wooden tables and chairs whose surfaces are worn by the use of generations of readers. I love the way they smell and the feeling that washes over me as I walk through the door. In the older libraries there is no need for a sign to remind you to speak quietly, for the spirit of the place brings a feeling of hushed reverence. You are whisked away to a place of peace and refuge, a place where the cares of life are put on hold, a place where you can find a portal to anywhere and anywhen your heart desires.
- Posts: 488
- Joined: 15 Mar 2019, 20:50
- 2019 Reading Goal: 100
- 2019 Reading Goal Completion: 51
- Favorite Book: Doctor Sleep
- Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
- Bookshelf Size: 66
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iamshing.html
- Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
- Reading Device: B00L89V1AA
Libraries are great place to acquire knowledge in different fields..that is the highlight for me.
'Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.'