What do you love about your library?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
thatblaineguy
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What do you love about your library?

Post by thatblaineguy »

One thing that I really love about my local library is the amount of different sections of books there are to choose from . The librarian is there to help you in any way possible.
Jillpillbooknerd
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 1908
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jillpillbooknerd.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Jillpillbooknerd »

I love the librarians at my local library. They make it worthwhile to go in and talk to them and they always have great recommendations.
KatSims92
Currently Reading: The Beauty Myth
Bookshelf Size: 451
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katsims92.html
Latest Review: From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by KatSims92 »

I have a handful of libraries! My favorite one, though has such a huge selection of books, and I've never left there empty-handed. Plus, they have a cool service where they can transfer books from all over the state. That definitely opens up the options for some good reads!
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by CinWin »

I adore libraries. I can spend hours in them just looking at all the books. Unfortunately I end up bringing home a ton (literally) of books. The good thing about my library is that I can order the books on-line and then just run in and pick them up. I can also get online Hoopla books through them. :)
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
Nanig83006
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nanig83006.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by Nanig83006 »

I love the shock it causes my guests when they come over :lol2: I always tell my friends I have a LOT of books, but it takes them seeing to believe it. It takes up two rooms of my house and I'm sure it'll continue to grow. I plan on it. :D
TaaraLynn
Currently Reading: To Selena, With Love
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taaralynn.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by TaaraLynn »

EllieA wrote: 24 Mar 2018, 21:21 I love the feeling of being in a library. Maybe it harkens back to childhood in some way, and going in to the library then, but I love the smell, the ambiance, and the sheer magic of so much story and information just at my fingertips.
I feel the same! They've updated it quite a bit, but this still holds true. The atmosphere is like no other. I remember when I was younger, downstairs was/is the kids area and they always had a pet guinea pig. So I went a few years ago to see, and still do the same. I like when things change, but also stay the same. They have great events for everyone. Gosh, and the outside of the building is so lovely.
:tiphat:
"Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset." - Ponyboy Curtis, The Outsiders
kinjoz
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinjoz.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by kinjoz »

I love our Museum library. It's big and old and the smell of so many books in one place is heavenly. Sometimes I do go sit at the library to enjoy the quiet and take in the soothing scent of the numerous volumes of great works, both past and present.
Oulababe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oulababe.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Oulababe »

My favorite one is called Macmillan library I love the librarian shoes nice
pastorlarry
Favorite Author: E.E. Isherwood
Currently Reading: First Wave
Bookshelf Size: 37
fav_author_id: 84150

Post by pastorlarry »

I love the fact that my local library branch has a spacious area for patrons to sit comfortably and enjoy their books. Also, because the selection is deep and diverse, you get to meet a plethora of individuals from so many different walks of life! I do hope that physical libraries are never closed. As a society, we are already so isolated and divided due to technology, politics, and the like. If given a chance, libraries help us to heal some of the fractures in our society. Just my thoughts!
lilac_coquelicot
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by lilac_coquelicot »

Libraries are good place for reading books.lots of information are available in libraries.The calmness is the thing,I like most about it.
Jillpillbooknerd
Bookshelf Size: 1908
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jillpillbooknerd.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Jillpillbooknerd »

My favorite library is the one that I work at! I just recently got a job in Key West at the local library as a library assistant. It's been really great so far and I'm loving being in the library all day and talking to all the patrons about books.
wordslinger42
Currently Reading: The Lost Road and Other Writings
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wordslinger42.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by wordslinger42 »

My favorite library is local to my area. It's pretty small, but they have such a great collection of books. They also do a lot of fun programs and workshops, like movie nights at the library, a bingo night where the prizes are books, book clubs and reading challenges throughout the year where they give away gift cards to coffee shops, bookstores, etc. It's just a fun community!
PepperedPenelope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pepperedpenelope.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by PepperedPenelope »

I love the library! I can rent as many books as I want and its all free!!

My favorite thing about my library is that its actually a network of libraries, so if I cannot find something at my location, I can search it, put it on hold and ask them to bring it to my location (or go pick it up from the other location). I also love their staircase - so random - but its hidden and when I go up it I feel like I am going to a secret location of learning.

I also love that I can give back. When I'm done with a book I purchased and decide I don't want to keep it, I donate it to the library - that way they can rent it out or sell it.
mamilla93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamilla93.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by mamilla93 »

The fact that it finds in the palm of my hand in my ipad!! I do love going to beautiful old libraries in the city, but , I read most of the books on apple ibooks or kindle with an occasional wattpad.
Tessa23Darling
Currently Reading: The Fire Within
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tessa23darling.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by Tessa23Darling »

Our library is Incredible!!! With having a toddler and another baby on the way, I don't get a ton of quiet time to read to myself at home. Our local library has multiple kids hours during the week where the kiddos get together for Story Time or Songs and Poetry or Learning Toys, etc. Then Mama gets a chance to sit and catch up on some reading while Baby Girl gets to play and learn and enjoy being read to by somebody else. She and I read together every morning but I can only get excited about Puppy finding his lost bone so many times before I need a break! Thank you K Public Library for thousands of kids books, new books every month and all the Amazing kids programs!

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”