Android Tablet as E-reader

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Snj450
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-snj450.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Android Tablet as E-reader

Post by Snj450 »

I was searching online for some form of e-reader so I could read the books I am reviewing more easily than on my phone or laptop. I have never owned any type of tablet or e-reader, and during my search I found that there is a vast selection available. Price was a big factor for me in choosing my new device so something like an IPad definitely was not even an option. I looked into the Kindle and other devices like it and I realized I needed something more than just an e-reader. I found an RCA Viking Pro, it’s an android tablet. It was on a serious sale and good reviews so that’s what I went with. I am very satisfied with it, I can browse online and I was even able to download the kindle reader app to it so I have all my amazon books right there. I’ve had no issues reading my downloaded books, and I love how customizable the book format is in the app. Definitely do a little research before settling for an e-book!
readsbyarun
Favorite Book: Wilderness Cry
Currently Reading: Spirituality in the 21st Century
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readsbyarun.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by readsbyarun »

That's great to hear. The tablet works very well and comes with more customisable settings in the app. The one disadvantage is that you cant read for longer time like the Eink based readers and you will get your eyes strained due to prolonged reading.
JC gull
Currently Reading: Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 61

Post by JC gull »

I am also using a tablet, it's great, I have two e-reader apps downloaded, read era and kindle. they both work well together, no crashes and glitches. And also able to split the screen so I can use two apps at once.
AvaParker
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by AvaParker »

I use my laptop as well. But it's neither Android nor Ipad. I preferred Microsoft Surface for this purpose. I need windows for my general needs, so the possibility to read books is just like a bonus. I HIGHLY recommend you buy a paper-like screen film. It's so amazing! Your screen now feels like a sheet of paper and it became much more convenient to make notes!
Danny Rands
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Danny Rands »

The only advantage I get in a tablet is the screen large size.
estanlypido12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-estanlypido12.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by estanlypido12 »

Whether it’s an Android or Apple, it’s a viable option for reading ebooks. Just make sure that it has a vast screen you find convenient to use. This will help you enjoy your read.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”