Help opening ebook files (epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Imi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Help opening ebook files (epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)

Post by Imi »

1. In what file format is the ebook (e.g. epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)?
ebup
2. What device are using to try to open it?
Lenovo lapto
3. Have you ever successfully opened a file in that format on that device before?
No
4. If your answer to question 3 is "yes", please describe the steps you usually take to successfully open a file in that format on your device. If your answer to question 3 is "no" then please describe what steps you did try to open the file.
open file - and said there was no file - might just be my laptop
5. When following the usual process you use to open that kind of file on your device, or the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post, at what step does it uniquely go wrong with this file? In other words, on which step, of the steps you listed as your response to question #4, do you run into trouble with this file but not other files of the same file type?

6. Do you get an error message? If so, what is the exact wording of the error message?

7. Did you read and try the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post? If not, please do that before replying. Please name which apps your tried from the suggested apps.
no - i will try that now
Pamelablanton

Post by Pamelablanton »

1. PDF
2. iPhone
3. No
I haven’t been able to download the Nook or Kindle app. so I do not have the book to review. Can my account status be marked to reflect this so I am not penalized with bad points or may I start again at another time?
Booknerd02

Post by Booknerd02 »

1. Kindle app so mobi
2. My IPhone
3.I have never tried to until this book
4. I tried to download it.
5. I don’t have an amazon account and I’m not going to open one. I didn’t notice the book was in that type of file.
6. No I didn’t get an error message
7. Yes I read the top tips
I honestly just want to know if there is away to delete the book if I can’t get it
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Booknerd02 wrote: 15 May 2018, 15:40 1. Kindle app so mobi
2. My IPhone
3.I have never tried to until this book
4. I tried to download it.
5. I don’t have an amazon account and I’m not going to open one. I didn’t notice the book was in that type of file.
6. No I didn’t get an error message
7. Yes I read the top tips
I honestly just want to know if there is away to delete the book if I can’t get it
You need to quit the book via your Review Team Page.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
gali

Post by gali »

Pamelablanton wrote: 10 May 2018, 11:27 1. PDF
2. iPhone
3. No
I haven’t been able to download the Nook or Kindle app. so I do not have the book to review. Can my account status be marked to reflect this so I am not penalized with bad points or may I start again at another time?
You need to quit the book via your Review Team Page.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Rollison_d1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rollison-d1.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Rollison_d1 »

I opted to download the book however I need Kindle unlimited to do it and I don't have Kendall unlimited and I do not want to get it. How do I delete the book. I do not want to be penalized for being late. I would like to choose a different book.
Aaronwells12

Post by Aaronwells12 »

1. In what file format is the ebook (e.g. epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)?
It should be in .epub, but it is downloading in .php
iPhone
3. Have you ever successfully opened a file in that format on that device before?
In .epub, yes.
4. If your answer to question 3 is "yes", please describe the steps you usually take to successfully open a file in that format on your device. If your answer to question 3 is "no" then please describe what steps you did try to open the file.

Usually all I need to do is download the ePub file and open it in iBooks.

5. When following the usual process you use to open that kind of file on your device, or the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post, at what step does it uniquely go wrong with this file? In other words, on which step, of the steps you listed as your response to question #4, do you run into trouble with this file but not other files of the same file type?

The file didn’t download as an ePub file.

6. Do you get an error message? If so, what is the exact wording of the error message?

Not specifically, but there’s not a program/app that will open the php file.

7. Did you read and try the "Top Tips" listed at the beginning of this post? If not, please do that before replying. Please name which apps your tried from the suggested apps.

Yes.
gali

Post by gali »

Rollison_d1 wrote: 20 May 2018, 18:43 I opted to download the book however I need Kindle unlimited to do it and I don't have Kendall unlimited and I do not want to get it. How do I delete the book. I do not want to be penalized for being late. I would like to choose a different book.
You can't delete it. You need to quit the book via your Review Team Page.
A retired Admin/Mod

Rollison_d1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rollison-d1.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Rollison_d1 »

It doesn't give me an option to quit the book. The options are where I can click that I've already downloaded the book, that I still need to download the book, that I need to report it or proble it doesn't give me an option to quit the book. The options are where I can click that I've already downloaded the book, that I still need to download the book, that I need to report an error or that I need an extension.
khisa18
Favorite Book: Fish Wielder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khisa18.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by khisa18 »

1. The ebook is in epub format.
2. I'm using my PC.
3. No
6. The error message was "The Office cannot be opened because there are problems with the contents."

Is there a possibility to get the books in Pdf format only?
BioShock20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bioshock20.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by BioShock20 »

I chose to review a book but I need Kindle Unlimited to read it and I don't have that. I want to get rid of this book but there is no way to do that. I saw a reply that said to quit the book via the Review Team page but there isn't an option to do that.
sammysays

Post by sammysays »

1. The book should be downloaded with Kindle Unlimited

2. I’m using an iphone8 with Kindle installed.

3. I cannot download the file because Kindle Unlimited is not available in my local amazon website.

4. Not applicable.

5. Not applicable

6. Here’s what it says, “Your current digital account setting does not allow you to subscribe for Kindle Unlimited on amazon. Please contact customer service to learn about Kindle Unlimited availability in your local Amazon website.”
daiguerra
Currently Reading: The China Dogs
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daiguerra.html
Latest Review: The Immigrant's Lament by Mois benarroch

Post by daiguerra »

In what file format is the ebook (e.g. epub, mobi, PDF, etc.)?
Kindle Unlimited
LG Aristo
Yes
The file had been opening but suddenly all my kindle books turned into unreadable files. I open amazon kindle and the book is just a blank white page.

when opening kindle.

no
yes, it is a kindle unlimited book so i can only read it on kindle
bello22
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bello22.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling
Reading Device: B01LWAM0V1

Post by bello22 »

Downloaded a book in .mobi format, it didn't open on my tablet or iphone, so i had to download an app from my app store that can read all book formats. Don't think i'll be having trouble reading ebooks anymore. :D
Jehoidah
Currently Reading:

Post by Jehoidah »

1.kindle unlimited
2.huawei tablet p7
3.not applicable i alwaiz use pdf
4.files cant be read
5.when openng with pdf the files come but never tried with kindle
6.not applicable
7.pdf,doc

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”