What is your favorite reading app on smartphone ?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Child
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-child.html
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann

Re: What is your favorite reading app on smartphone ?

Post by Child »

I use different readers for different devices, I'm just scared one might start acting funny but I prefer ereader prestigio.
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann
rusyalana
Currently Reading: The Vatican Protocol
Bookshelf Size: 156

Post by rusyalana »

I use Kindle and I also use eReader Prestigio cause it can read practically any format and there is no need to convert books as they loose their quality in the process.
Damilola Oyebanji
Currently Reading: Yesterday
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Damilola Oyebanji »

I prefer the General E-book reader. It's easy to use. You can add as many books to your library as you want. Then, you read them offline. It's indeed a worthy companion.
Gifty Naa Akushia
Currently Reading: HEALTH TIPS, MYTHS, AND TRICKS
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gifty-naa-akushia.html
Latest Review: "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" by Morton E.Tavel
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Gifty Naa Akushia »

Personally the only reading app I have so far is the kindle app, reading with this app has been fun in fact it makes me want to read the more.
Latest Review: "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" by Morton E.Tavel
Star88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-star88.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by Star88 »

Overdrive. I can borrow from my local library electronically.
Marion Nanziva
Currently Reading: Manhattan Beach
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Marion Nanziva »

I have never tried this.Thanks for this discussion am going to try it because I have really dealt with reading it on hardcover.
MsDree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 268
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msdree.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by MsDree »

I have tried many different e-reader but Kobo is my favorite. On scale from 1 to 10, I'd give it an 8. Its bookmark feature is good although even if I didn't bookmarked, I'd get directed back to where I left without hassle. It is also easy to use in navigating through the book series or under the authors' names. Just a bit sad that it can't sync directly after adding book in the library, like I'd go through and add books in my library, then when at library, I sync it there. :cry:
There is also reading activity area that allow me to know my overall total read time, completed books, average reading hours and awards. Its exciting because I'd like to fulfill just so I get awarded with logos. :wink:
But to import books from outside sources, I think it can only read epub files, mobi i'm not sure and no pdf file can be read. It also has dictionary for words in it when I selected a word which helps me to know the meaning of the word.

Why does this sounds like product review? :eusa-think:
Kindle is great, it's my second favorite reading app but don't like it quite much. Out of any ebook readers, I haven't tried Nook. :P
"A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." — Madeline L'Engle
pagebypage
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by pagebypage »

Fb reader! Really popular on Google Play! Also free! Simple with cool and handy features!
Always retains your page no matter what even if you turn off your phone. Websites for free e-books with an option to download an e-book with full cover or not for your library; full screen; text is a good size that's kind on eyes; font option; wallpaper and colour options; direct access to social media for sharing; full editing like cut, paste, highlight; bookmark; bar at bottom margin shows reading progress; dictionary and translator; night view easy on eyes than LCD; Free bookshelf that shows your library in full cover. Etc.
So far it has been all I need, don't feel a need to change!
OwlI007
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-owli007.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing

Post by OwlI007 »

I like the Kindle app on my iPhone and Wattpad. Both are super user easy with plenty of customization options. I find more indie writers on Wattpad and read all the ebooks I want using the Kindle app and the unlimited book plan.
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Caleb001
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Caleb001 »

I think adobe
IanYanny
Currently Reading: The Lovely Bones
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ianyanny.html
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo

Post by IanYanny »

Maybe Icecream ebook reader since that is the app I use on my PC every time I read something for review purposes.
Latest Review: "Life Before" by K.L. Romo
Morgan Jones
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morgan-jones.html
Latest Review: Fate Won't Compromise by Catherine Blakely

Post by Morgan Jones »

My favourite is FBReader because it has all the features I am looking for while also not taking much space from my phone's storage.
"Reading is a conversation. All books talk. But a good book listens as well." - Mark Haddon
Jillpillbooknerd
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 1908
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jillpillbooknerd.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Jillpillbooknerd »

I like to use Manga Rock for manga. BookBub is a great app to find free or steeply discounted e-books. I also love the Litsy app for social media purposes.
Nanig83006
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nanig83006.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by Nanig83006 »

I have three reading apps on my device: Nook, Kindle, and iBooks. I also have each as its respective reader. I have to say that I use the Kindle app and iBooks the most. When I don't use those, I read on my nook simple touch. I'm believe it's the simplicity of the apps/device. For a long time, it was impossible for me to access the bookstore on the kindle and nook app, but the updates have made it easier and more enjoyable. Prior to that, I mostly used iBooks because I could buy the ebooks without having to go on my computer to do so.
zoharis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 198

Post by zoharis »

I have to try that Moon+ app.
I use my Kindle & Lithium to read my epub files.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”