Reading in the modern age

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
srm628
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-srm628.html
Latest Review: The Ultimate Guide For The Avid Indoorsman by John Driver

Re: Reading in the modern age

Post by srm628 »

I like physical books, but given all of ways to read digitally (and how offen i am on Wattpad), I have gotten used to reading on my phone and I don't mind it.
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

I have a mini library at home, so I have a lot of hardcover books. However, I prefer reading e-books nowadays because of the commodity they provide. I like traveling light, so e-books are very useful in that sense. Besides, I can carry hundreds of books in my tablet. Nevertheless, if I like the book so much, and I have it in my library, I prefer having the physical book in my hands.
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

Every single book that I've read this year has been an eBook, it's much easier to carry my phone around probably not the best for my eyes but oh well, it's convenient in other ways. I hope to soon try an audio book. I've always been curious of whether I'd like it.
raikyuu
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =3079">The Republic</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raikyuu.html
Latest Review: Who killed Chatunga? by Muvhaki Tasu

Post by raikyuu »

There is no reason for me to choose only one. Although, I would still prefer reading a physical copy. But when it comes to storing, the electronic ones have their advantage.
-rk
Papercup
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Papercup »

Reading on modern age means one thing to me, ebooks everywhere. Digital copies are being a norm now and I think this only means that we got more exposure than what we used to.
Gifty Naa Akushia
Currently Reading: HEALTH TIPS, MYTHS, AND TRICKS
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gifty-naa-akushia.html
Latest Review: "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" by Morton E.Tavel
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Gifty Naa Akushia »

Reading in the morden age is gradually turning towards the usage of ebooks and ereaders as more and more people are getting comfortable with e readers. I for one would go for ebooks but wouldn't mind paper back books.
Latest Review: "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" by Morton E.Tavel
TheWriteAngel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thewriteangel.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by TheWriteAngel »

I switch back and forth from e-Readers and books. I do, however, prefer the physical copies.
ZeroChill
Currently Reading: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zerochill.html
Latest Review: "My Boogie board ride to Denmark" by Tedd Wallace

Post by ZeroChill »

You an me are the same kind of people. I too love the smell of paper and the beautiful feeling that accompanies it
Latest Review: "My Boogie board ride to Denmark" by Tedd Wallace
bradybunch84
Favorite Author: Mary Stewart
Favorite Book: The Secret Garden
Currently Reading: TheHaunted Hour edited by Manson
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 10582

Post by bradybunch84 »

I prefer to read hardback books over paperbacks, and e-readers. No audio books EVER! But even with this said, I find myself not picking up my hardbacks on my shelf and either reading a book online or going to the library to check out some hardbacks. I have hundreds of unread books at home. E-books can somehow just suck us in. But I feel different after reading hardbacks as opposed to reading e-books. A more fulfilling satisfaction.
a wonderful companion in solitude - (a book)
ankur++Jiva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ankur-jiva.html
Latest Review: Unfaltering Trust by Roy Ziegler

Post by ankur++Jiva »

I taken up a liking for e-books, its cost effective, portable, save lots of space (lots of books in one drive).. and many others. The conventional way, of course is classic, and I don't mind reading a book and flipping its pages on my own. My personal choice is e-books.
Mariesg
Currently Reading: Detention of Doom
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariesg.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by Mariesg »

I, like most of you, have a slight preference toward a physical copy, but I also love reading in an e-book format. I want to keep the books that I have an emotional connection with and mean the most to me in a physical copy, but use e-books to help expand my library and read new books. I really don't mind which format I read a book but I definitely will use ebooks to expand my reading and be reading on that more. Then, if I love it, I'll get the physical copy. The only format I can't really get into is audiobook because I don't have a great attention span. My mind goes in and out, but I might try it to see if I can do it.
Lilyflower-x2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilyflower-x2.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Lilyflower-x2 »

I don't like audio books. I like reading the book myself. I read both ebooks and paperback, but the latter is the best.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies . . . The man who never reads lives only one.” – George R.R. Martin
shirleym89
Currently Reading: Mirror, Mirror...?
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirleym89.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by shirleym89 »

I often read using both ebook and paperback. It's always good to alternate. Ebooks are convenient because I can carry them everywhere.
Purple_Orchids16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purple-orchids16.html
Latest Review: 2612 Cherryhill Lane by Glenn Vo

Post by Purple_Orchids16 »

Lately, I have realized that most of the younger generation is not interested in reading as they are technology oriented. This is sad, since there are various lessons we can learn through a good story and we can even get inspiration. I would like for more of the upcoming individuals to take an interest in reading a good book of your genre of choice. It would be a delightful experience. I have been reading all my life and I always get upset when I have completed a book; I never want it to end. :techie-studyinggray:
marksm121
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by marksm121 »

For a long time reading paper books is a good new day people are using ebook also.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”