If you were rich enough would you have both versions

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
jhollan2
Favorite Author: Anne Bishop
Favorite Book: Too many to list...
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jhollan2.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid
fav_author_id: 6086

Re: If you were rich enough would you have both versions

Post by jhollan2 »

YES!!!! This is actually the reason that I don't have an e-reader. I think that it would be so handy for traveling, because then I could go on long trips and pack much lighter. However, I know that I would just end up buying e-versions of all my favorite books, which I already own in print. I just can't justify spending what I know will end up being a lot of money once I get started just so I can have the same books that I already have. I wish that they would start somehow selling e-books and books together. Like when you buy a DVD and get a digital copy. Then I could just pay once, have both, and be satisfied.
LSWS07
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lsws07.html
Latest Review: "Out of the Shadows and into the Darkness" by Senta Holland

Post by LSWS07 »

I like physical copies, but they do take up lots of space! I try to save a tree whenever possible and nowadays only buy a physical book if I can't find an ebook version or if the design is too pretty to pass up.
Latest Review: "Out of the Shadows and into the Darkness" by Senta Holland
ThosHowellBookReview
Favorite Author: Nora Roberts
Favorite Book: Black Hills
Currently Reading: Man and his Symbols by Carl Jung
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thoshowellbookreview.html
fav_author_id: 3258

Post by ThosHowellBookReview »

I collect folio size books with lots of pictures, if I were rich enough I would expand my collection. I like paper books not only for the illustrations but because some of my books are signed by the author. I have a Kindle and a Nook, so if I got rich writing book reviews (ha, ha) I would buy an iPad. Oh yes, and while I'm daydreaming, a book shelf that spins around to reveal a secret laboratory.
Kmikel0509
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kmikel0509.html

Post by Kmikel0509 »

Definitely! That way I could read them all in physical copy but if I went on vacation I could take them all with me easily!
dememusicaddict
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dememusicaddict.html

Post by dememusicaddict »

I'd buy both-hard copy for my physical collection, and ebook so I could read on the go
Chloe
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chloe.html

Post by Chloe »

Would buy hard backs and then give them away once I had read them. This supports the tree farmers and yeah, they just go to waste sat on shelfs.
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Of course! :D
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
Aivlys
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aivlys.html

Post by Aivlys »

I would not have e-copy and real book copies even if I had unlimited money. I have limited storage space and no desire to accumulate a lot of excess stuff. I have been ruthlessly pairing down my books, starting with replacing everything that had an available digital copy with digital. That's done. Now I have the pile that's being sent for scanning when I have the money and the pile that I will probably read once and either add it to the first pile or give it away. These are books someone gave to me or I bought extremely inexpensively (i.e. 50 cents book at a yard sale). I no longer buy full price physical books. I keep my digital books on a memory card, on a portable hard drive, and uploaded to cloud storage (plus amazon stores them on my amazon online bookshelf too if I buy them on amazon or use amazon to load them to my kindle.)
dunappy
Favorite Author: N.R. Walker
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 7">Soaring Hearts</a>
Currently Reading: Dreams of the Forgotten (Sumeria's Sons, #3)
Bookshelf Size: 4294
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S
fav_author_id: 35683

Post by dunappy »

No not all books I read like 300 plus a year. Some just aren't worth paying for the print version. However there are several that I would love to have a print version of as well as the digital version. But I just went through a house fire and EVERYTHING was destroyed. My entire book collection, my computer, (you get the picture) and now I don't have any physical copies of anything at all except for a few books I've recently purchased. I would like to get a few more books, but with over 2000 on my kindle, I have them all easily accessible any time I want instead of only when I'm home. If I'm on a trip, I don't have to worry about hauling around a bunch of books, I just pull out the kindle and do a search. And I won't loose them again if the house blows up again (which will be hopefully never)
Aspen_Reads
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice+ The Notebook
Currently Reading: too many to count
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aspen-reads.html
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Aspen_Reads »

I would! That way, no matter where I am, I would have the copy in any form that I would like, and I wouldn't have to worry about the copy being destroyed, or ruined for some reason.
"I was born with a reading list I will never finish." -Maud Casey
Sarita Everson
Currently Reading: Lover Unbound
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarita-everson.html

Post by Sarita Everson »

I would! Absolutely love books better than e-books but switched to e-books because lack the space for all my books but one day if I'm lucky I would like to have ons of those libraries on TV that is floor to ceiling with comfy couches but alas not to be. A girl can dream.
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

Yes, my crazy self probably would. I love physical books, and I somewhat prefer them to e-copies, but I also like the idea of being able to carry all of my books on me, too.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
Sarah10

Post by Sarah10 »

I wish I wanted this but I just can't make myself enjoy reading on an ereader, which is odd because I usually prefer to do everything else on my computer/phone and all that.
3chicnP
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-3chicnp.html

Post by 3chicnP »

If I was rich enough to do that, I would buy more audiobooks. I buy them for classics because I have a hard time reading them on my own. They're expensive so I'm not reading a lot of classics these days..
I am a free spirit
like mafia
ZeroChill
Currently Reading: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zerochill.html
Latest Review: "My Boogie board ride to Denmark" by Tedd Wallace

Post by ZeroChill »

I would love having the paperback versions. It would be so cool to have a personal library. I would tell me children that book is good and that is not :D
Latest Review: "My Boogie board ride to Denmark" by Tedd Wallace

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”