Overdrive

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
estebel19
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-estebel19.html

Re: Overdrive

Post by estebel19 »

I love overdrive! It is so convenient because you don't have to go to the library to return books. However, I prefer actual paper books which you can't read with overdrive. Overdrive is perfect for long car rides!
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

:handgestures-thumbupleft:
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
AngelaMarie1960
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by AngelaMarie1960 »

I love Overdrive. I mostly have used it to download books from non-library sites. I wonder if you use another device are you able to sign in and have all your books come up like Amazons kindle app? I have been using my phone for Overdrive but got a tablet for Christmas and want to use it.
MagsC
Currently Reading: House of Leaves
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magsc.html

Post by MagsC »

Overdrive is absolutely awesome! I have recently discovered it in the last month. So far I've gone through 3 audiobooks and 1 ebook. I love that I can return the books early. As soon as I am finished I just hit the return button, and I don't have to worry about fines, which when checking out physical books I was always returning late. It has given me access to so many more books that I normally would have to spend money on. My wallet can't afford my reading habit.
angelsfantasy26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelsfantasy26.html

Post by angelsfantasy26 »

I have used it occasionally but the reason that I don't like it is because half the time when there is a book that I want to read that is on there I have to put a hold on it because someone else already has it.
"Evil is a point of view. God kills, indiscriminately, and so shall we. For no creatures under God are as we are, none so like him as ourselves." - The Vampire Lestat
Shelle
Currently Reading: For the Love
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelle.html
Latest Review: A Positive Thought a Day Keeps the Negative Away by Dr. Curtis E. Smith
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Shelle »

I love Overdrive! I listen to a lot of audiobooks and love that I can just download them to my phone or ipod. Because it's through the public library system, the books are free, so I get to listen to a lot more than if I had to buy each of them.
A book is a gift you can open again and again.
-Garrison Keillor
SparklingOne
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: A Breath of Snow and Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklingone.html
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by SparklingOne »

I have been able to keep books I am still trying to finish a little longer by keeping my kindle disconnected from the internet. They still grab it from the cloud so it is in essence returned, but it has given me a few extra days to finish a long book at times.
Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.
The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
pinkster4506
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinkster4506.html

Post by pinkster4506 »

I love Overdrive! I love the ease of finding a book, downloading, and reading at any time of the day or night. There is such a large selection. And it is so easy to use! I am a big fan of their audiobooks too. I like that I can download them on my phone, kindle, or computer. Then throw on my headphones and I can listen to books while I am doing every day activities. I have been suggesting it to everybody since I found it.
Vermont Reviews
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 4468">Scam Prevention</a>
Currently Reading: A Roadmap To Career Success
Bookshelf Size: 507
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermont-reviews.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Vermont Reviews »

I am going to check out this app. Thanks so very much for the reviews.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Geneen Karstens

Post by Geneen Karstens »

I like Overdrive also. As I'm aging my eyes get very tired trying to read the print in new books. It also saves me trips to the library. Only so many times the book I want is out and I have to put it on hold. I get a lot of books from Book Bub. Prices are very low.
Readeatsleep

Post by Readeatsleep »

I love Overdrive because it brings so many books to my fingertips. I have a kindle fire and sad to say it fits in my purse however so do most books. I love the fact that I can search for different topics and reading levels and it also tells me if hard copies of that book are available at the library I use.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

Overdrive is one of my favorite apps ever! I have several books on hold now, and it's much better for me, because I am a quick reader, so I usually finish them within a few days and return them. It's saving me money so that I'm not buying as many!
Clifora
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clifora.html
Latest Review: "Before I Wake" by Seven Steps

Post by Clifora »

I have the Overdrive app as well. Indeed, it makes borrowing books from the library so much more convenient! You don't have to haul yourself to the nearby library just to find a book. I agree with you about not having to incur late fees - that is certainly one of the perks of using Overdrive! Sadly, only one library in my country is registered in Overdrive..
“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.”

— T.S. Eliot
Latest Review: "Before I Wake" by Seven Steps
Novelbound
Currently Reading: She Walks These Hills
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-novelbound.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Novelbound »

I couldn't survive without Overdrive. I'm really impressed with the selection and I can keep up with new releases without having to buy them.
Eve6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eve6.html
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Post by Eve6 »

I have it but sometime I feel like it's a piece of crap because I have to reset it because it freezes up on me.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”