Nook, Kindle, or IPad?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
HoldenCaufieldsMom
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holdencaufieldsmom.html

Re: Nook, Kindle, or IPad?

Post by HoldenCaufieldsMom »

I had a Nook before I had an iPad and I throughly enjoy the iPad much more than the B&N Nook. The Nook was great for reading, but the iPad offers a larger range of activities and the exact same books as the Nook. However, I enjoyed the set up for the store from the Nook much better, like seeing the young adult section and reviews, but I can just go on the B&N website to look that up.
SpookysBooks
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reading Device: B00746UVQG

Post by SpookysBooks »

I have an iPad to read on and I have both the nook and kindle app, and since you already have an iPad just download the free apps for either nook or kindle, that way you don't have to put out the money if you don't want to,
Snoop1911
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Snoop1911 »

I have a Kindle and I love it. I'm able to read on my phone and also on my tablet, but sometimes in the daytime the glare can get frustrating. Another cool thing about the Kindle is that it looks and feels like a book. The only downside is reading at night in which you need a lamp or a light that can attach to the top of the Kindle. All the options are great but I do prefer my Kindle.
Tokigirl2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Publishing Contest Votes: 4

Post by Tokigirl2 »

LOVE my Kindles, reading almost exclusively on my Paperwhite, because of the backlighting -- good for travel. I haven't tried any other brands. I don't like reading on my iPad or phone because of screen glare, even with the app, and even through iBooks. Yes, indeed I do haul around my Kindle to read on and my iPad for everything else. Also, if the backlight is not on, or one uses a non-backlit Kindle, the batteries last a VERY LONG TIME. I tried using my iPad once, and its batteries didn't last me even door-to-airport on a trans-Pacific flight. My REAL question is about ereaders for children. I think they're great! I love the included dictionary/thesarus. I love that an entire library fits in one small space. As I writer, I don't have to be so careful of my words. However, many children seem to prefer paper books. Anyone else have any experience with this?
ZeroChill
Currently Reading: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zerochill.html
Latest Review: "My Boogie board ride to Denmark" by Tedd Wallace

Post by ZeroChill »

I think the ipads and tablets are better than the readers. They allow more functions and capabilities than just the reader
Latest Review: "My Boogie board ride to Denmark" by Tedd Wallace

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”