EBook or Hardcopy?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
saracristina1998
Favorite Book: Narnia chronicles The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Currently Reading: Nightlord sunset (The Nightlord Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saracristina1998.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Re: EBook or Hardcopy?

Post by saracristina1998 »

Firstly I must admit I have never had any kind of instrument such as a Kindle device nor iPad or tablet were to read an ebook. that must be the first impediment to this discussion. but I must admit that with hard times comes desperate measures, so I started reading from my laptop a couple of years ago (only the books necessary though). If I can afford to buy the book, I will always prefer a solid hardcopy rather than an Ebook. It makes it easier to get connected to the story. Taking notes is actually a blast for me, so my hardcopies are always full of post-its and colorful lines above my favorite quotes. Sadly when it comes to books for my Uni, it always comes down to ebooks, not only because they are always cheaper; when you're a med student you don't like to see your hardcopies all stained and broken for carrying them around in your big backpack (it kind of hurts a little to see books on that state)
aby johnson
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Favorite Book: A Gentleman in Moscow
Currently Reading: A Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aby-johnson.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers
Reading Device: B07FQ4Q7MB
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by aby johnson »

Definetly hardcopy. These digital books are so unbook stuffs and the feel of the book reading is so lost while reading in my mobile. The fragrance of the book, the feel of book in hands, the building anticipation when the number of pages comes down after each chapters. Putting anything as a bookmark in between. Hardcopies are fun.
Smile, for better days are yet to come :D
RavingReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ravingreads.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by RavingReads »

If I can find a cheap, second-hand version, the definitely a hardcopy. I usually borrow ebooks from my library.
marksm121
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by marksm121 »

Ebook is good to compare to hard Copy.
63tty
Favorite Author: Tayma Tameem
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 349
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-63tty.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White
fav_author_id: 199293

Post by 63tty »

I honestly prefer hardcopy books. E-books are convenient especially when travelling may be among other things.
“If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?”
~Lily Tomlin
Amenrodion
Currently Reading: Fates Sweet Passion
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amenrodion.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Amenrodion »

I personally prefer hard copies but the sad reality is that where I live, it's easier to get e-copies than hard copies. But there is nothing like reading a hard copy. It's out of this world :techie-studyingbrown:
HaloWarrior
Currently Reading: Law of Attraction: How to Manifest Money, Desires, Love Using The Law of Attraction
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by HaloWarrior »

Amenrodion wrote: 05 Jan 2021, 07:55 I personally prefer hard copies but the sad reality is that where I live, it's easier to get e-copies than hard copies. But there is nothing like reading a hard copy. It's out of this world :techie-studyingbrown:
I know right, reading from your phone feels so counter intuitive, so many distractions and that blue screen before you go to sleep ain't a good mix :D
Emelie Kelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emelie-kelly.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Post by Emelie Kelly »

I got a Kindle from my Mother for my birthday last year. Comparing the experiences, I prefer to use a hardcopy. :techie-studyinggray: Hardcopies give me a stronger connection to the story. Not to mention the smell that books give off is oh so enchanting while reading. I use my kindle when I don't have a physical copy or when the e-book is cheaper. I'm grateful for my gift, but I wish I would use it more.
It seems like readers are either physical copy type or the kindle type, its rarely a mixture. :greetings-waveyellow:
natasha juhl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by natasha juhl »

Especially for this site, I am very dependent on reading on my computer, however I personally enjoy the hardcopy more. It is so amazing to display my book collection on a shelf!
“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.” – Lemony Snicket
Danny Rands
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Danny Rands »

I prefer the hardcopy of a book over the electronic version any time of the day. But I also love the flexibility and availability of online ebooks, that part especially about ebooks is what draws my attention to it. But I would prefer the more engaging hard copy.
Abdo Sonbol
Favorite Author: Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Currently Reading: The Da Vinci Code
Bookshelf Size: 32
fav_author_id: 2366

Post by Abdo Sonbol »

You are almost right, when you are feeling the book with your hands, your senses act like they were very harmonic.
I am a big fan of Hardcopy books, But when it related to scientific big encyclopedia I change my mind quickly and forget the hardcopy idea :D
Kiran Kanwar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kiran-kanwar.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Kiran Kanwar »

I would say both. E-books are great if you want to travel with a lot of books, but when you want a cozy read then hardcopy is the best.
Black Jewel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-black-jewel.html
Latest Review: The Game by Molly Perry

Post by Black Jewel »

For most these days, I think it's mostly a side effect of convenience. Ebooks allow you to have a library at your fingertips at any given time.
Amynwankwo_
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amynwankwo.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Amynwankwo_ »

I think every reader’s preference are hardcopies but ebooks enable you read anywhere, anytime. They’re portable and convenient. So for me it’s a healthy mix of both!😁
Rachael S 1
Currently Reading: Eye of the World
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachael-s-1.html
Latest Review: SandPeople by Cheryl Kerr

Post by Rachael S 1 »

I 100% pick hardbook over e-book every time. There is something about the way the book feels, turning pages, realizing something happened a few pages back and going to find it, flipping forward to see how many pages are left in the chapter/book. At the same time, I have been criticized for going on vacation and bringing 10 books with me (in my defense - I only brought 4 and then bought 5 more at the airport... :D ) .

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”