EBook or Hardcopy?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
vintage53
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Re: EBook or Hardcopy?

Post by vintage53 »

i am new to the e-reader and i find it convenient and neat and tidy, but it takes a physical book with pages to turn each night as my nighttime ritual before turning in. there is something about turning the pages that is calming. but i like not having 200 books and no place to store them. so a market for both?
gopher 1951
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by gopher 1951 »

travel with 50 books all in one place, yes, but a warm fireplace with a page turner hardcopy lovely
Choine
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-choine.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
Reading Device: 1400699894

Post by Choine »

I feel like everyone is getting tired of keeping up with paper and countless titles they have to comb through. With electronic books, articles, etc., it's easier to find what we need in a snap and save what we need without spending so much time searching. I don't really think it's laziness that contributes to this preference, just an opportunity to make some aspects of reading easier.
Florence Nalianya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-nalianya.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Florence Nalianya »

Whichever I is fine with me for the story is the same.Although I wouldpick on ebooks anytime cause I caary on wherever I go.
Erin Dydek
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Shadowborn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 328
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erin-dydek.html
Latest Review: Northern Umbrage by Dennis Lorenz Ph.D.

Post by Erin Dydek »

I never thought I’d enjoy ebooks, but they are very nice for traveling. I’m notorious for needing more than one book to choose from so the kindle app on my phone lets me carry as many as I want. I do, however, love paper books! There are so many book sales and shops where I live that make it fun to find new books at great deals and I look for small shops on vacation to bring a few home too.
RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Post by RoxieReads »

Ebooks are easier to get, but I read quicker when I have a hardcopy and like the feel of it more.
~Roxie~
Wanja Hannah
Currently Reading: From Liberty to Magnolia: In Search of the American Dream
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wanja-hannah.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Wanja Hannah »

I like ebooks since I can read them anywhere although there are limitations like the lack of power to charge my phone. Hard copies come in handy though they feel bulky to Carry around.
Wanja Kenya
Juliet+1
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Elephants of Style
Currently Reading: A New American Evolution
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-1.html
Latest Review: Your Smart Home Voyage by Gary Rockis

Post by Juliet+1 »

I love ebooks, but recently discovered a drawback -- illustrations don't always do well. Apparently it takes extra effort to make sure that the illustrations are visible and readable. Not all authors know this, so sometimes I get a book with unreadable graphics. :(
pengy86
Currently Reading: After Ever Happy (After, #4)
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pengy86.html
Latest Review: High Hopes by Sue Lilley

Post by pengy86 »

I like having a book with me at all times so having ebooks is very convenient. Its my preference for the ebooks. I like that once I finish a book, I can quickly start another afterwards without having to make sure I have a backup book to carry around with me.
bespectacledpetal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bespectacledpetal.html
Latest Review: The Undying Queen of Ur by Abraham Kawa & Arahom Radjah
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by bespectacledpetal »

I'm from the Caribbean so I love my kindle because instead of waiting a week or more for a book, I can get it immediately on my kindle.
Shhhh I'm reading :techie-studyinggray:
books_andpoetrii
Currently Reading: Crazy Rich Asians
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-books-andpoetrii.html
Latest Review: Small Change by Keddie Hughes

Post by books_andpoetrii »

I love physical books but I don't see why there is so much hate (or even just a slight shade) for e-books.

1. E-books are handy. If you don't have a big space or say, maybe you are sharing your current living space with someone else, storing books in your phone or tablet is the next best thing.

2. E-books still promote reading. And I think that is the main point of all of this. As long as it gets people reading, why would anyone care if a book is physical or digital?

Stop raining on someone else's parade and respect each other's preferences. Not everyone has the privilege to live in big houses or own huge bookshelves. And I think digital copies are less expensive, right? :tiphat: :techie-reference:
kali09
Favorite Book: The Poppy War
Currently Reading: Ten Directions
Bookshelf Size: 32

Post by kali09 »

There is nothing like the physical weight of a book to ground you. That being said, Ebooks are sometimes more affordable and take up infinitely less space for those of us with limited bookshelves. Still, I prefer a hard copy. :techie-studyingbrown:
Leyla Ann
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Call Me by Your Name
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla-ann.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Leyla Ann »

Definitely Hardcopy, it's far more relaxing and enjoyable
People who read are hiders. They hide who they are. People who hide don't always like who they are.
readsbyarun
Favorite Book: Wilderness Cry
Currently Reading: Spirituality in the 21st Century
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readsbyarun.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by readsbyarun »

I feel I need them both. Both E book and the physical books cannot be compared or replaced with each others.
marksm121
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by marksm121 »

Depends on the situation sometimes ebook and sometimes hard copy.But ebook is better. we can easily access anywhere and anytime.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”