Smart phone

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
mrsgrnwld24
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Smart phone

Post by mrsgrnwld24 »

There are so many great options out there for reading on your smart phone. I currently use kindle and nook apps. On our iPad we like the ibooks app, as well as the kindle and nook apps. It's nice to be able to connect all our devices.
Carinabramley

Post by Carinabramley »

If only readers could produce the 'new book' smell at the same time as reading a book on one, that is all they are missing.

I use the iBooks app on the iPad and found it really useful. It's not clear in daylight like proper eReaders, but I like putting it down and it knowing where I left off. My bookmark often falls out of my book which can be really frustrating!!
bettyk
Currently Reading: Obsessed
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettyk.html

Post by bettyk »

I like using the Kindle app on my smartphone.
Dealynher
Currently Reading: The Lost World
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dealynher.html

Post by Dealynher »

I have an iPhone and there is an app Ibooks, I didn't like it at first but then i found that when I'm reading something online like a PDF I can go to the top of my web page and click read in Ibooks and it will take the whole thing and save it to my Ibooks so I can read it anytime even if i have no service. I like this because I used to read a lot of fan fiction.
ifry
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifry.html

Post by ifry »

Reading on your phone isn't the best experience, but I know what it's like to get into a great book and need it available on my phone. I use the kindle app and the ibooks app on my phone! I also use overdrive, which is an app used by libraries that provide ebooks!
foxyreader16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-foxyreader16.html

Post by foxyreader16 »

I'm not the most fond of reading on my phone, but sometimes it works pretty well for me. I only use ibooks on my phone and on my family's ipad, and i find it really useful whenever I'm traveling and need something to read.
literarycat
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Currently Reading: Survivors: Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 2331
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-literarycat.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by literarycat »

Nook also has a free app for smart phones, I have both Kindle and Nook apps on my phone haha. Although I prefer the kindle app.
The world breaks everyone, and afterwards, some are strong at the broken points ~ Ernest Hemingway.
Laurenjones
Currently Reading: Reservations for Two
Bookshelf Size: 332
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenjones.html
Reading Device: B004ZLV5PE

Post by Laurenjones »

I have an iPhone 4 and have multiple apps for reading. Amazon Kindle, iBooks, Kobo Books, Ebook Reader, Over Drive Nook and Good Reads. I find the Amazon Kindle app gets used most, if for no other reason its the first I open to find a book. I love the Publisher Font, and the fact I can choose the size of it.
beth4695
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beth4695.html
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by beth4695 »

I use the Kindle app on my Nook and my smart phone. I can take my books anywhere! You can choose the color of the background color, from white, black, green or sepia. I wish there was a "grey" color, that would be easier on the eyes like the original Kindle was.
lp3101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lp3101.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by lp3101 »

I regularly use overdrive on my phone and sometimes kindle. You always have your phone (lol) so you always have a book that way!
zhodgman

Post by zhodgman »

I would also highly recommend the kindle app. As mentioned from a previous post, you can sync the kindle app onto your phone, tablet, ipad, laptop, desk top, etc. My wife and I have both of our accounts on our phones, tablet, and desktop. No issues at all with the app.

-- 08 Nov 2015, 22:39 --
ZeroChill
Currently Reading: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zerochill.html
Latest Review: "My Boogie board ride to Denmark" by Tedd Wallace

Post by ZeroChill »

Two things, one is the free kindle app, and the other one is xodo app. Both of them are super good, you'll love both
Latest Review: "My Boogie board ride to Denmark" by Tedd Wallace
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The North Factor
Bookshelf Size: 1662
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Deadly Sexy Lizzy Vol. 1-3 by Michael Richey
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

I like EbookDroid because it can download any format that I have come across. It also has a notebook feature where you can take notes on things like errors and automatically logs the page number. It also bookmarks where you stop reading so when you go back to the book it picks up where you left off. I definitely recommend it, especially since it is free.
Goodlu_1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Goodlu_1 »

I use Anybook app, it's very good
Word-smith65
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-word-smith65.html
Latest Review: Selling with Presence by Reggie Pearse

Post by Word-smith65 »

I think I'll give the epub speed reader a try