E-Books and E-Readers

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
JenJen13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52

Re: E-Books and E-Readers

Post by JenJen13 »

I personally prefer an actual book than that of an e-book. To be able to hold the book, smell the pages, the feeling of actually turning a page I enjoy more than just the click on my phone. Also, the screen on my phone is small so I have to squint quite a bit and at nights when I'm using my phone to read the bright backlight keeps me from falling asleep as opposed to just being a traditional book where it would actually put me to sleep. Also in reading e-books on my phone I find that my battery tends to run low. However, due to my job and the constant need of traveling I am unable to bring my large amount of books with me. In those cases I find that with ebooks I'm able to read on my phone anf find it is best for traveling. Able to bring multiple books with me and not have to worry about taking up too much luggage space.
Leyla Ann
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Call Me by Your Name
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla-ann.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Leyla Ann »

That is one of the most noteable advantages of e-book apps, I also like the fact that I can read anytime and anywhere.
People who read are hiders. They hide who they are. People who hide don't always like who they are.
Mangalover
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mangalover »

I like a physical copy of a book. There’s nothing better than the smell of a new book. Depending on what device you are using to read, it can be difficult to read. Also, if you are the type of person that reads during night, I feel like the brightness of the device would hurt your eyes. I think overall a physical copy would be better.
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Magnify3 »

I have always preferred a physical copy of a book. However, some books can easily be found in e-book format.For that reason I think that I would invest in an e-book reader.
readsbyarun
Favorite Book: Wilderness Cry
Currently Reading: Spirituality in the 21st Century
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readsbyarun.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by readsbyarun »

Reading ebook over phone or laptop or any other tablet devices are pretty hard. It strains your eyes and are bound to cause headache and other eye problems. Ebook readers are better devices to use.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”