E-Books and E-Readers

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
mgentile
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mgentile.html

Re: E-Books and E-Readers

Post by mgentile »

As of right now all I have is the kindle and nook apps on my phone and I enjoy them both. I do not find them hard to read (i need glasses anyway) and I like the fact that I always have something to read with me, as my phone is always with me. I will say though, favorite books of mine are sitting on a bookshelf, when I want a book to hold, I reach for one of them :)
connorjaycolebrook
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-connorjaycolebrook.html

Post by connorjaycolebrook »

WHAT. I've never thought of reading a book on my phone. Now I'm going to need a phone with good battery life. Wait. The screen's pretty small and maybe strains the eye.
Regular books really do have some advantages still. They can handle water better than an electric device and etc.
Wait, mgentile, did you have a question about e-books and e-readers?
ruthhojy
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthhojy.html

Post by ruthhojy »

Hi ! I am an avid e-reader but also a book reader at the same time. I usually download books from online straight into my iphone, so I can read on ibooks. I find it convenient enough, so I haven't planned on getting a kindle yet so far. I have seen some of my friends use kindle and I can't say I'm really fond of it. But I look forward to trying one day. :)
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I have a kindle and I am happy with it. I can't read on the PC or on my phone.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
FFGIRL12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ffgirl12.html

Post by FFGIRL12 »

I have a Nook that I love to use. However, I love to pick up a traditional book now and again, rather than using my Nook.
Natlock

Post by Natlock »

I started with a Sony ereader years ago but the page turner hurt my fingers. Have had the kindle touch for a few years now and love it. I usually start a book on the kindle for daytime reading but switch to my phone app at night so my husband doesn't have to sleep while I have a lamp on. For the most part I don't understand how someone can look at a backlit screen and read for an extended period of time, it starts to hurt my eyes.
ZeroChill
Currently Reading: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zerochill.html
Latest Review: "My Boogie board ride to Denmark" by Tedd Wallace

Post by ZeroChill »

It is nice to have an eBook reader that can carry more than one books at a time, but still the feeling of having a paperback is amazing. You cannot deny that awesome smell that comes from the paper when you open a new book.
Latest Review: "My Boogie board ride to Denmark" by Tedd Wallace
Megz
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megz.html
Latest Review: "End of the Last Great Kingdom" by Victor Rose

Post by Megz »

I have a kindle I read on. Reading on my phone is too hard with the screen being small. I enjoy reading the free e-books from kindle unlimited because you can read and return and get a new book. Even though I do sometimes miss the smell of a paper book.
Latest Review: "End of the Last Great Kingdom" by Victor Rose
freewill240
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by freewill240 »

E-book reading has become a trend these but small screens are not good for reading longer hours, kindle is good big font size books but when it comes to the books with small font size it is not easy to handle. Laptop with 15' size seems better option for every type of e-book as when it comes to computer you can download and install different types of app and enjoy reading.
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

I check out a lot of books in kindle format so I can switch between my phone and my ipad. I don't read a lot on my phone, but it is convenient if you get stuck in a waiting room and need something to do.
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

I have an ebook and hardcover copy of my favorite books, to be honest :)
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
Haute_Coffee
Currently Reading: Pimp
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haute-coffee.html
Latest Review: A Stone of Hope by Janet S. Kleinman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Haute_Coffee »

Natlock wrote: 19 Dec 2013, 11:55 I started with a Sony ereader years ago but the page turner hurt my fingers. Have had the kindle touch for a few years now and love it. I usually start a book on the kindle for daytime reading but switch to my phone app at night so my husband doesn't have to sleep while I have a lamp on. For the most part I don't understand how someone can look at a backlit screen and read for an extended period of time, it starts to hurt my eyes.
I started with the Sony too!! I had over a hundred books on there when they closed it and once my dresser died I lost all those books. Now I have a kindle paperwhite and it’s easy on the eyes... like reading a traditional book.
kirky69
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by kirky69 »

I use Aldiko and ebook Prestigio to read books on my Android. I have over 100 books and it pretty much reads and format
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by CinWin »

I just ordered a Amazon Fire 7 tablet !! Now I can read my e-books on something bigger than a phone. I can't wait until it comes. YEAHHHHHH :) :)
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
Oulababe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oulababe.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Oulababe »

I like reading ebooks but I prefer e-readers because I think E-readers make them easier to read

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”