Disadvantages of Ebooks and Readers

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Merben Jun Tepan Andojar
Currently Reading: Wack City
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merben-jun-tepan-andojar.html
Latest Review: This May Be Difficult to Read by Claire Rubman

Re: Disadvantages of Ebooks and Readers

Post by Merben Jun Tepan Andojar »

I prefer a book than an Ebook. But a book is book, so it is still fine for me.
Emma Alexandra
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emma-alexandra.html
Latest Review: Binge by Anne Pfeffer

Post by Emma Alexandra »

Jen Nghishitende wrote: 26 Jun 2022, 15:07 I hate not having to hold a book in my hands and not experiencing that satisfying feeling of turning pages.
This is my least favorite thing about my kindle e-reader. I also like that hard copies can be purchased used and exchanged between friends. I've always been a physical book person, but then I started to declutter my book shelf. Now, I love that the e-reader is a space savor. I still compare prices of the hard copy and e-reader. I love my e-reader a lot more lately.
Latest Review: Binge by Anne Pfeffer
David Tutor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-tutor.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by David Tutor »

dianejai wrote: 07 Sep 2013, 02:58 tactile! I hate staring at a computer for ages...I love the feel of paper...the sound of turning pages. I love putting a book down and then picking it up again...........and NOT having to switch on a machine...no matter how small or large.
You just spoke my mind. Staring at a computer screen for too long gives me a headache. I should consider investing in oven of those special glasses.
Angie Fernandez
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1071
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angie-fernandez.html
Latest Review: Level 1 Decodable Phonics Reader-Short Vowels by Sara Gross

Post by Angie Fernandez »

I am a relatively new e-reader owner. I will say from the start that I am old-fashioned and enjoy the feel and smell of a book in my hands. That said, an e-reader does travel well. I recently went on a family vacation and didn't have to lug four or five books with me. Another drawback, however, is when I want to review names, dates, or events. This seems to happen a lot in my crime or mystery novels. It is really hard to go back with an e-reader to look for a specific detail, whereas I can quickly scan the pages of a book and find what I need.
skac
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skac.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow

Post by skac »

For me, I like having to pack as little as possible when I travel. Especially when backpacking or camping, I've found it easier to just read on my phone instead of having to take my kindle, as well as an additional charger. It's not really a huge deal and if I'm going somewhere where space or weight don't matter, I'll still take the kindle.
kcladyz
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by kcladyz »

No disadvantages.
Ika Apro
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ika-apro.html
Latest Review: The Warrior's Meditation by Richard L Haight

Post by Ika Apro »

I hate that I can't change the font size. I have poor eyesight and it is hard for me to deal with some books.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”