Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
jeremic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by jeremic »

Well,I think that there's nothing like a good book in your hands.Its just that when you can smell the pahes and touch them,it makes more pleasurable. Ok Reading abook is, reading a book but somehow when you can feel it, smell it just makes the story all the more interesting.
KD95
Currently Reading:

Post by KD95 »

I can read a book through a device. I lose interest. Paperback for me :)
lilac_coquelicot
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by lilac_coquelicot »

I like reading whether its eBook or any good book. I am more convenient with ebook because it is easily available through internet.
denie2019
Currently Reading: The Matriarch Saved
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-denie2019.html
Latest Review: Advent Of Silver by Atilla K. Zengin

Post by denie2019 »

I've had an e-book reader for years but I still prefer holding and reading a physical book. For me it makes the reading experience even better .
ebook_addictsuk
Currently Reading: Through the Nethergate
Bookshelf Size: 32

Post by ebook_addictsuk »

I have to admit I much prefer ebooks at the moment, I find it so much easier to read on the go, or at night especially when I can read in the dark (doesnt help the eyes I know but I tend to do most of my reading after the kids go to bed.
Denisse11

Post by Denisse11 »

I think that books are alot better than ebooks. With a book you can curl up in a seat. What I really dislike about reading an ebook is that sometimes the electronic I am using runs out of battery. Although ebooks can sometimes be more convenient, because you don't have to carry the book around. I enjoy feeling the pages as I turn them. On ebooks it sometimes automatically switch es the page and I am not finished reading yet. But either way at the end I just enjoy reading the book.
Sunday diamond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-diamond.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sunday diamond »

Reading the actual books usually look bulky in my sight. I love reading with my eBook reader on my phone.
Another things is that holding books for is distracting for than holding phone
Sunday diamond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-diamond.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sunday diamond »

For me, I love reading with my eBook reading but with the book I don't seems comfortable while reading.
Secondly I can read anywhere with phone but not with the real book.
isabelramos01

Post by isabelramos01 »

I love reading paperback books. I enjoy the smell of new books, there's that musky feeling of wood. The importance of the size and weight of a book is minimal. Besides, ebooks require us to be on technology which needs some sort of power outlet, reall paperback books doesn't. Plus, you can bring books where there isn't any service and power sources.
CoffeeandTea12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-coffeeandtea12.html
Latest Review: The Elf Coup - Book Three of the Magi Charter by Jordan David

Post by CoffeeandTea12 »

I love my paper books, there is nothing more interesting than holding the book in your hands and the smell when you open a new book. There is never an issue of the battery running out or issues when taking it with you to the beach.

However, having said that, I do also love my ebooks. They can keep me company wherever I am without the need to carry a large book around with me. And I do not like to crumple the pages of my paper book in my bag. So, if I have to wait at the doctor or have an appointment and am too early, I can still enjoy my book without carrying the hard copy with me.

I think there is no either or for me. It depends on the mood and the situation which type I go for and I am glad that I have my ebooks accessible every time.
Dayanda
Favorite Book: Things Fall Apart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayanda.html
Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Post by Dayanda »

This doesn't need too deep an exchange of view, most who choose ebook, is due to busy life or some hard feelings on books. I will always choose paper book over ebook but don't have the luxury cause of pocket.
prayz_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by prayz_ »

E book, I can carry it along with me always
ShianeRose26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by ShianeRose26 »

I personally prefer a paperback book. I think a paperback book is much better because when I have tried reading an ebook, my eyes hurt after a while from looking at the screen to long. I also like hardback books better because it helps me read better and remember the book better.
Kendra Snead
Currently Reading: Voices of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendra-snead.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by Kendra Snead »

As a millennial, it is only natural that I am always on a device. I love using Kindle on my phone to read books, especially while on the go. Everything is in one spot on my phone that fits comfortably in my purse without carrying a bunch of extra physical books around with me. I do have some paperbacks and biblical books on my shelves at home, but I have cut down a lot on that collection due to the convenience of ebooks. If there is ever a time I want to read a paperback or hardback, but I do not have the money for the ebook, I go to my local library to borrow it and read it. However, I do read a lot more ebooks than paperbacks because I feel more oddly motivated to read from my phone because no lie sometimes reading a physical book will put me to sleep. Lol It's the millennial in me!
SunanQii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by SunanQii »

This is very controversial and I often ask why not both!

I love the feeling and the smell of the paper in real books and I do love the sound when you turn the page on a new book. Another plus is you don't have too charge it and you can't really forget your password. Also a shelf full of books in your home help people immediately realize what kind of person you are and what taste you have.

But then on the other hand if there's no light for whatever reason an e-book is your best friend. It's also easy to carry whatever device you want wherever you go and even if you finish a book there's always another ready to read so you don't have to carry around a paperback you just finished reading.

Also if you use a combination of the different types I believe you get a better reading experience because not all books are available online just as all books aren't available in print. You also have access to a lot of free material online while you collect and pay for books you really want in your shelf. Besides for anyone who is a greedy reader like me the idea of multiple books seem incredible. When it comes to read I think bookworm agree "the more the merrier"

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”