Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Neptune_13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by Neptune_13 »

I prefer paperback books, because I personally love the feeling of the paper slipping through my fingers. Also the smell of really old books is priceless.
Coud
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-coud.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by Coud »

I rather e-reader as must of my reading is done in free time and I have acces to more books
Mom 215731
Favorite Book: Innocent Victims
Currently Reading: Kansas City Cover-Up
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mom-215731.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Mom 215731 »

Both. I do read a lot of ebooks, but occasionally will buy an actual book.
Megan_89
Currently Reading: Flare
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Megan_89 »

Personally I get headaches when I read from either paper or hard backed books. So I switched to the kindle years ago and my headaches went away. Now I've got almost 30 book that I have in my kindle to read. And most are just the first book to series. I
Csanchez9492
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Csanchez9492 »

I would prefer ebook, because you can take them any where you want to go with your book. Having a hard book you might forget it somewhere or damage it.
janessacharlot
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by janessacharlot »

In my own option, I would choose ebooks because of a more light and elegant feeling. Rather than books, over time it would make pains and aces to my hands.
NerdyAsh677
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerdyash677.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by NerdyAsh677 »

each one has their own advantages
E-books - honestly I find it more easier to transport because all you need is your phone or tablet then you can read it now. Transfer fro m buying is faster all you have to do is go to the site download it or buy it then poof start reading....
Real Book - no radiation...
those are the two advantages that I see on both...
Xenolyph
Currently Reading: Flowers in the Attic
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xenolyph.html
Latest Review: Shepherds of Destiny by Kiel Barnekov
Reading Device: 1400699894

Post by Xenolyph »

I do have a ebook but I don't use it much. I've found that having a physical book is just...absolutely satisfying. I don't seem to get as lost in an ebook as I do when I read the hard copy. Plus, the smell of an old book is irreplaceable.
Starfish8
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Starfish8 »

Honestly, I love the idea of only reading from physical books, but personally it is just not feasible. I typically read multiple books a week, and it is so much cheaper to use an e-reader. I also have kindle unlimited and I probably would have to pay upwards of 20 times the monthly subscription to read these books electronically, let alone if I had to pay physical book prices. I do own quite a few physical books, but these are mostly classics and books from I loved from my childhood. For everyday reading I need the cost benefits of ebooks.
yapashley
Currently Reading: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yapashley.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West

Post by yapashley »

I really prefer paperback! But I have to admit there is convenience in an ebook. It's smaller and more portable than an actual book. But there's no other feeling that can replace the feel of flipping through pages or the smell of a new book!
aruntr2001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aruntr2001.html
Latest Review: Theatre of Racial Conflict by Bunmi Popoola

Post by aruntr2001 »

I would always prefer physical copies. I work for whole day and it involves starring at the computer screen and hence I can no more bear the flashing screens and hence reading physical copies will definitely give me a good break to my eyes.
cookiedough
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cookiedough.html
Latest Review: Dying Well by Susan Ducharme Hoben
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by cookiedough »

Ah, the debate of the reading community! Whatever floats your boat is the one you should pick. Nothing replaces a physical copy of a book. I love curling up to a book at the end of the day and going on a journey. E-books are convenient and great to read when you have limited space.
savitrie budhu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by savitrie budhu »

While I personally love the feel of a physical book and the look of a full bookshelf, I fine it convenient to used both forms. I resisted the allure of an e reader for years, only recently starting to use it out of convince. It is so much easier and cost efficient to use a e reader. Also it saves spaces, unfortunately not ever has space for a overflowing bookshelf. It also is a great way to share books with friends or book clubs. Despite all the advantages of an e reader I still prefer the physical book when I get the opportunity.
Arite Seki
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arite-seki.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Arite Seki »

I definitely prefer a paper book above anything else, I love the feel and smell of them. I do read a lot of e-books though, simply because it's easier for me to get a larger number as opposed to physically having to go to the bookstore and select one
Renee_Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Renee_Rose »

There's romance in reading from an actual physical book. Sadly, I reside in a place where it's difficult to acquire paper books, so I need option b. Sorry e-books but I am grateful you are convenient and available.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”